Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
If you live in NY City or State please read and sign

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 1:39 am
https://forms.gle/oWRtVkF79LRgQwMcA

It is an open letter to Governor Hochul. It is to get SJP of campus SUNY and community. To stop them from harassing Jewish students and spreading lies about Israel. To follow the lead of DeSantis who ordered the deactivation of National SJP in Florida.

If you live in NY please sign and pass along

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 1:42 am
YES!!!

groisamomma

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 1:46 am
Why does it ask for your email twice?

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 1:47 am
Is there a way to sign without using your gmail email address?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 1:49 am
groisamomma wrote:
Why does it ask for your email twice?

I don’t know. I didn’t make the form. I spoke with the person who did, and he said it was imprinted in the system and couldn’t get it to work otherwise

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 1:53 am
amother Clematis wrote:
Is there a way to sign without using your gmail email address?

I am technologically challenged, however people here always say to make a new email account when you want to communicate with the person and you don’t wanna share your real email, like when gifting clothing, or communicating deeper than a pm.

I actually need to figure out how to do that, as there are a few emails I would like to send out to some groups like Jewish Voices for Peace, a bunch of self-hate Jews who don’t seem to think that when “gas the Jews” is chanted, that they are referring to them as well.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 9:06 am
Bumping this up.
Hundreds of us here live in NY

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 10:14 am
Now I am so curious. Why has nobody responded here. I imagine if you signed you would say so to bump up the tread. Not everyone here lives in Lakewood NJ.
We have another thread here lamenting others not standing up for us. Be proactive!

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 10:24 am
I find it unrealistic (juvenile thinking) and I don't agree. I'd sign a petition to ban or remove funding from groups that protested if they intimidated Jewish students or made the campus dangerous or hostile to them. I'm not a believer of forced speech. I wouldn't want the Hillel to have to publicly sign a petition supporting someone else's agenda. (Not the same thing, but still. You have to think about the repercussions.)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 10:48 am
Do you not think the students are not being intimidated right now? That the campuses are not dangerous?
Would you like to speak to the Columbia student who was beaten on the steps of Butler Hall? The Cooper Union students locked in the library? The CUNY students? The SUNY Binghamton and Albany students?

Definitely better to be silent, maybe have your eyebrows done by Nargiza.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/18/...../amp/

https://mondoweiss.net/2023/10.....cuny/

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 11:05 am
I signed...

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Oct 27 2023, 11:42 am
amother OP wrote:
Do you not think the students are not being intimidated right now? That the campuses are not dangerous?
Would you like to speak to the Columbia student who was beaten on the steps of Butler Hall? The Cooper Union students locked in the library? The CUNY students? The SUNY Binghamton and Albany students?

Definitely better to be silent, maybe have your eyebrows done by Nargiza.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/18/...../amp/

https://mondoweiss.net/2023/10.....cuny/

I do think they are being intimidated and threatened. But what you're asking is not realistic. I'd ask for banning of groups who did this. I'd demand city or state security be present on campuses as campus security is not enough. I'd demand that students who were caught on video engaging in these terrible things be penalized. I wouldn't ask for having them sign something publicly. It does nothing and probably legally can't be enforced so IT WON'T HAPPEN. I'd rather push for things that might happen. Don't waste your voice and the politicians very short attention span on nonsense to make you feel good. Think it through first and plan your requests.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries