Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
11 year old having accidents at night

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 7:30 am
He wore a pull up until a few years ago at night. Last few years he was usually dry for the night. Past few weeks he is having wet accidents at night, a few times a week. I don't think he is overly stressed, I honestly think he is just a deep sleeper. Should we go to the doctor?. Try an alarm?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 7:33 am
Get an Rx for desmopressin. Life changing!

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 8:37 am
Dr sagies alarm system worked very well for my son

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 8:48 am
My question is if there could be an underlying reason, because he had been dry for a couple years already

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 8:55 am
amother OP wrote:
My question is if there could be an underlying reason, because he had been dry for a couple years already

Hi check He is not being bullied or sadly been molested
Second thing if u live in Israel times of war this is normal wishing you hatzlacha

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 8:59 am
This was an early sign that our child had epilepsy, specifically absence seizures. Just something not to freak out about but to be aware of as a possibility.

amother
Moccasin

Strep and pinworms are very common causes.
Pelvic floor weakness is another one.
If he's a mouth breather that can contribute as well.

amother
NeonYellow

This happened to my son at a slightly younger age, because the rebbe was telling scary stories to the kids in class - about robbers, scary snakes, stuff like that. Some kids loved it, but it my child was scared and it only showed at night. It took awhile to figure it out, but we spoke to the principal and the stories eased up. Then, we bought an alarm, and it stopped in a few months.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 9:02 am
Suddenly wetting at night can be a sign of strep. Yes I know it sounds weird but I've worked in the health field and seen it. Worth it to check.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 9:10 am
amother OP wrote:
He wore a pull up until a few years ago at night. Last few years he was usually dry for the night. Past few weeks he is having wet accidents at night, a few times a week. I don't think he is overly stressed, I honestly think he is just a deep sleeper. Should we go to the doctor?. Try an alarm?

DD had similar a few months ago. We ruled out everything and pediatrician said it was probably behavioral- ie that many kids repress the urge when in school so their bodies stop responding to thr urge at night, and can be combined with slight dehydration because she wasn’t drinking enough so that she didn’t need the bathroom often in school. She recommended filling a very large water bottle at the beginning of thr day and DD should make sure to drink it all by thr time the school day is over, and be careful not to ignore the urge to go as many times as needed during the day. Bh this has worked for thr nighttime issue. You may want to ask your son how easy it is to go during class as that may be a reason for this. Pediatrician wrote a note for my daughters teachers that due to a medical condition she should be allowed to go as often as needed without being told to wait.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics