Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Seminaries in England and in the United States

semmom1

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 8:26 am
Hi -- looking for the names and contact numbers of the seminaries in England (old, new, and the one in Manchester, I've been told Very Happy)

I am also trying to reach out to ones in the States that are Bais Yaakov oriented.

I have a daughter I've brought home from EY and need a plan. Please don't answer that it can't be done or that people won't work with me. I am trying to reach out and find new options and I know that it might be difficult. But all I can do is start the effort and hopefully my hishtadlus will be rewarded.

It is possible that my daughter may be able to go back to EY and finish the year, but I'm not sure...

Thanks in advance.

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 8:46 am
The English seminaries might not work for you so well. As the girls go there at age 16, not 18 usually.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 8:55 am
OP wishing you Hatzlocha Rabba.

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 8:57 am
How old is she?
Which seminary was she in until now?
English seminaries are very different to Israeli ones.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 9:39 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
The English seminaries might not work for you so well. As the girls go there at age 16, not 18 usually.

I was in Gateshead New (Beis Chaya Rochel). My class had an age range of 15-21.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 10:40 am
amother PlumPink wrote:
I was in Gateshead New (Beis Chaya Rochel). My class had an age range of 15-21.

How did that work socially?

Or even academically, a 15 yesr old produces a very different type of work to a 21 year old.

It sounds a less than ideal set up.

semmom1

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 11:56 am
My daughter is 17. I don't think it would work to send her to England, although I think it would be fun for her. I was trying to work out if it was possible but after speaking to other people and reading the thread...it seems like they would not think she was a good fit.

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 12:06 pm
semmom1 wrote:
My daughter is 17. I don't think it would work to send her to England, although I think it would be fun for her. I was trying to work out if it was possible but after speaking to other people and reading the thread...it seems like they would not think she was a good fit.

I honestly think your starting point should be where will take a student mid-year. In my 3 yrs in Gateshead old sem, it never, every happened. I haven't heard of it happening in Manchester either. Is there a seminary near you who will understand why you brought her back and accept her now? It is tough because many of the seminaries are already mid-course especially for the professional tracks.

Brit in Israel

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 12:08 pm
Elfrida wrote:
How did that work socially?

Or even academically, a 15 yesr old produces a very different type of work to a 21 year old.

It sounds a less than ideal set up.

The Swiss girls usually come at 15 and French at 20 +- . With a class of 80 + girls, you can find friends on your maturity level.
Gateshead new is not an academic based sem. It's mostly geared to Halacha and the afternoon for College courses according to your interest.

yellowroses

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 12:38 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:

There are some girls from other European countries that are ages 17 and 18. doesn’t really make such a big difference. It’s the stage and not the age…

yellowroses

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 12:43 pm
Brit in Israel wrote:
The Swiss girls usually come at 15 and French at 20 +- . With a class of 80 + girls, you can find friends on your maturity level.
Gateshead new is not an academic based sem. It's mostly geared to Halacha and the afternoon for College courses according to your interest.

Some swiss come ages 17/18.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics