Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What’s one addition you added/ wud have like to in your home
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:03 pm
If you were building a house what’s the most ideal room or closet or extra addition you insisted was necessary and glad that you did it. Or something that you thought was super important and you ended up realizing it’s not that exciting as you thought it would be. It could be luxury, practical or even a dream room. Please share!

Tao

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:15 pm
I can't afford to build. But my sister forever regrets not putting in a proper pesach kitchen.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:22 pm
We didn't add it because it was already there, but a guestroom on a different floor with its own bathroom. Honestly I care more about guests having their own bathroom than the master bedroom having it's own (as long as I'm not sharing with guests)

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:25 pm
I love that my house comes with a lot of closet space.
I splurged on the Frigidaire double big fridge freezer and I love it!
Also lighting and light fixtures add so much.

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:26 pm
Guest bedroom with separate bathroom
I would love a HUGE playroom/family room towards back of the house.
The more bathrooms the better.
A closet or mudroom with hooks for kids stuff.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:31 pm
If I was building and had space, I'd plan a bedroom on the first floor with a wheelchair accessible bathroom with a shower (preferably without a ledge). Would be used as a guest room, but once you're putting it in, have something that you or a parent can use if chas vashalom needed. In the same vein, I'd love a back or side entrance that I could just wheel a stroller in without dealing with steps.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 11:39 pm
Most the above.
A closet for bulk cases ("Costco closet")

A real extra and probably will never happen - a hobby/music room

iamamotha

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 11:42 pm
Love that I have my laundry room upstairs as opposed to the basement

effess

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 11:45 pm
Homework/art room

GLUE

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:18 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
If I was building and had space, I'd plan a bedroom on the first floor with a wheelchair accessible bathroom with a shower (preferably without a ledge). Would be used as a guest room, but once you're putting it in, have something that you or a parent can use if chas vashalom needed. In the same vein, I'd love a back or side entrance that I could just wheel a stroller in without dealing with steps.

How long are you planing to live there?
If you hope that this will be your until Moshich home, having a ground floor bedroom that you can get into without steps and an accessible bathroom will help you "age in place"

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:18 am
Walk in pantry

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:22 am
I have a lot of things I would really really like.

A mud room- when we walk in we can leave our coats, shoes, bags all right there in an organized fashion. And not track mud and leaves and snow through the house.

A guest room with its own bathroom

A kitchen with 2-3 dishwashers

A pesach kitchen

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:25 am
I would love a "great room" with comfortable chairs where the whole family has space to hang out, play, and read on Shabbos. We have an old house with smaller rooms and the only room big enough is the dining room. I could also use additional storage space in my kitchen for big pots and appliances. But in truth, I am grateful for my house just the way it is. The one game changer we did put in was meat and dairy dishwashers. That has made my Shabbos so much more pleasant. Dirty stuff goes away and right after havdalah, I take turns running them.

NechaMom

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:34 am
#1 pesach kitchen
#2 guest room with bathroom
#3 more closets, the professional ones, including storage closets
#4 2 bathrooms in the master bedroom
#5 gym room
#6 built in succah
#7 playground outside
#8 mud room

mompower

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:52 am
Definitely a gym room with an invisible arm that pulls me in and forces me to exercise.

That would be perfect

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:00 am
NechaMom wrote:
#1 pesach kitchen
#2 guest room with bathroom
#3 more closets, the professional ones, including storage closets
#4 2 bathrooms in the master bedroom
#5 gym room
#6 built in succah
#7 playground outside
#8 mud room

I totally agree with the Pesach kitchen Smile

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:01 am
I was going to only put in a pesach storage room but the space planner convinced me to turn it into a kitchen and it was the best thing ever.
Even though I don't cook in advance until I turn over I still appreciate the fact that I don't have to kasher and line all my ovens etc.

The thing I regret is not putting a separate entrance door into my guest suite. Even though it's not off the main door, sometimes my kids still use that door and I think it would be nicer if the guests would be able to come in on their own.
And speaking of doors, I also regret not putting an actual door between that little alcove leading to the suite and the rest of my house even though it's totally off to the side because I feel like it would muffle sounds even more and make it nicer.

Perly1

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:15 am
Adding an indoor succah and Pesach kitchen was amazing. As you get older it's a game changer.
A downstairs bedroom and bathroom would be great.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:22 am
I would really love a guest room with its own bathroom, especially now that I have a married couple. When I can afford it, I'm thinking of making a tiny bathroom back to back with our existing main bathroom, in the closet of DD's room (it's a large room, and we can move the closet elsewhere) so they have their own bathroom. (a neighbor of mine did this and I think it's a great idea!) I can't move their room to a different floor, but at least this....

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:32 am
Proper laundry room
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating