Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
MP3 good for ten year old

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 02 2023, 5:44 pm
Which mp3 is good for a ten year old boy? How would he get music onto it? I have Spotify premium. But don’t want to pay for albums etc

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 5:17 am
Bump
I want one with no internet access and the ability to only listen to Jewish songs
Also cost friendly
Is there such a thing?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 6:17 am
I have had this for years for the kids:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J.....ss_tl

And it’s been dropped hundreds (tens of thousands?) of times. Before that, I had others that kept breaking.

I use a micro SD card to put the stories my youngest likes (this kid isn’t into music) onto it, and we keep it on the micro SD mode. It can also be used with a USB. It also is an FM radio, but I know my kids have zero interest in that aspect.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 6:41 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:

And it’s been dropped hundreds (tens of thousands?) of times. Before that, I had others that kept breaking.

I use a micro SD card to put the stories my youngest likes (this kid isn’t into music) onto it, and we keep it on the micro SD mode. It can also be used with a USB. It also is an FM radio, but I know my kids have zero interest in that aspect.

Thank you!
I did a search online and it seems because I have Spotify premium I can download music and convert it and then put it on the mp3 or something like that.

amother
Pistachio

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 6:45 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:

sounds great but the issue is that you own the music. OP is saying that she doesn't want to purchase music. my kids have the 24/6 and I love it. it does have some technical issues but overall it works great. I did have to pay I think $100 for the device and then a fee monthly but it's worth every penny. you could probably get rid of Spotify premium and just pay for the 24/6.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 6:46 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
sounds great but the issue is that you own the music. OP is saying that she doesn't want to purchase music. my kids have the 24/6 and I love it. it does have some technical issues but overall it works great. I did have to pay I think $100 for the device and then a fee monthly but it's worth every penny. you could probably get rid of Spotify premium and just pay for the 24/6.

I like Spotify premium because I did listen to general music (although I haven’t since October 7) and it’s easy to use but that’s something to consider.

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 7:04 am
My kids all have mp3s. Cheap models from Amazon. Works pretty well. I have replaced if necessary though.

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 7:05 am
amother Pistachio wrote:

I looked into 24/6 but it seems very very very expensive to be honest. To pay so much for the device and then pay monthly and have to pay more per device is super expensive. My kids have devices that cost $20-$30. I buy music if needed and it's saved on a file on my computer. Takes five minutes to put on the device.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 8:53 am
amother Forsythia wrote:
My kids all have mp3s. Cheap models from Amazon. Works pretty well. I have replaced if necessary though.

You buy music to download? Or you do it from Spotify?

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 8:56 am
amother OP wrote:
You buy music to download? Or you do it from Spotify?

I have lots of CDs from long ago I ripped to the computer and still have. Otherwise sometimes I buy albums or find free downloads. My kids are specific on what they want and I look for those songs. I have naki radio premium in my house which has a ton of music so they use mp3s mostly out of the house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics