Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Homeowners with Septic tanks, are living with contaminated

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 10:07 pm
A Septic inspector told me that whenever a field is replaced, they legally cant remove the "contaminated" rocks, and have to bury it in the soil under the home.

So every time you replace a field, and some 20 year old houses in Jackson are on their 3rd field replacements, youre burying more and more contaminated rocks.

So as time goes on, that means the homeowner is living in a house with more and more buried contaminated rocks in the soil? How is that not a health hazard?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 10:10 pm
How would that be a problem? You have no relationship with the soil deep underground. How can it affect you? How is it different than having sewer pipes in your soil?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 10:12 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
How would that be a problem? You have no relationship with the soil deep underground. How can it affect you? How is it different than having sewer pipes in your soil?

Because with a public sewer system, it doesnt stay under the house forever.

The homes with septic systems have contaminated rocks under the grass forever. It goes nowhere.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 10:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Because with a sewer system, it doesnt stay under the house forever.

You have no idea if the soil around got contaminated. And again how does something that is buried affect you health wise?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 10:50 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
You have no idea if the soil around got contaminated. And again how does something that is buried affect you health wise?

If its illegal to take the contaminated rocks off the property, that should tell you something.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 10:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
If its illegal to take the contaminated rocks off the property, that should tell you something.

Because it can contaminate groundwater. Unless you also have a well, it should not be a concern for you. No one I know is getting cholera or typhoid because of their septic tanks, which is what would happen if contamination was an actual risk for homeowners.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:19 am
amother Tangerine wrote:
Because it can contaminate groundwater. Unless you also have a well, it should not be a concern for you. No one I know is getting cholera or typhoid because of their septic tanks, which is what would happen if contamination was an actual risk for homeowners.

Dont having septic and having a well usually go together?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:20 am
amother Impatiens wrote:

No many have septic and public water

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:06 am
amother Impatiens wrote:

All the areas in Jackson that Im aware of that have septic systems, have no public water. They have wells.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 8:56 am
amother Impatiens wrote:

I live in Lakewood, and I have a septic system and public (NJ American) water.

I remember looking at a house where there was a well just for grass watering, but the owner told me it wasn't suitable for drinking. Don't think he said anything about septic, but I'm wondering if that was the case. It was also in Lakewood.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 9:00 am
amother Impatiens wrote:

Not where I live. Almost everyone here has septic, along with city water.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 9:02 am
amother OP wrote:
All the areas in Jackson that Im aware of that have septic systems, have no public water. They have wells.

Half of Jackson has septic and public water.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 9:23 am
Two areas I can think of that have both septic systems and well water are Burke Hollow and Whispering Hills.

Am I wrong?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries