Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Spirit airlines, yay or nay
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 12:59 am
Catnip decide if I should book spirit. Are the horror stories true? I'm looking through priceline, most flights for the day we want are fully booked, spirit flight is mostly empty.
TIA

Genius

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:13 am
The horror stories are abundant. If even half of them are true I’d still vote nay. Saving a few dollars are not worth the agmas nefesh if something goes awry.

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:14 am
Not that bad if you book a flight for three days before you actually need to get there.....

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:15 am
Not even if you paid me

qwerty4

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:16 am
nay nay nay

flowerpower

Nay

amother
Babyblue

Nope lol

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 1:17 am
Thanx! It's not about the pricing. The timing just works better. But I got my answer, thanx all.

bsy

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 3:10 am
We use spirit sometimes. They are much better than they used to be

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 3:44 am
We use spirit all the time. If it's a short flight then I'd go for it. Had no issues ever bh!

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 3:54 am
Friends don’t let friends fly Spirit

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 3:56 am
What are the horror stories??

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 4:44 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
What are the horror stories??

Flights being cancelled and rescheduled several days later with minimal to no compensation, luggage ending up in wrong state, hours and hours of delays, plus more.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:44 am
Yes why not just follow the rules I've flown spirit plenty of times even during a a snow storm.

We take backpacks as personal bag and all good.

I usually check in one bag or pay for one carry on as I typically bring food with me for cheaper vacations.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:50 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Yes why not just follow the rules I've flown spirit plenty of times even during a a snow storm.

We take backpacks as personal bag and all good.

I usually check in one bag or pay for one carry on as I typically bring food with me for cheaper vacations.

Same here. It was the only flight on a specific day and I had to be back so I booked rather begrudgingly.

I paid for a bag because I had more clothes than a backpack but the flight was 50 and the bag another 50 so it was still way cheaper than any other flights had they been available.

They did reschedule my flight multiple times in the months since I booked until the actual fly date but the flight itself was unincidentful.

It was a 2 hour flight and was uncomfortable not to be able to relax the seat get water charge the phone but I survived.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 10:26 am
We fly spirit all the time. Most times have been fine. The last time was a delay of an hour or 2, but they usually run on time and are pleasant to fly with. Just remember-they charge for everything, so bring your own food and water if you want it. And 1 personal item means 1. You can't take a backpack and a pocketbook. Unless you stuff your pocketbook into the backpack.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 11:42 am
It’s literally the Walmart of the skies
I have flown spirit a couple times for the prices, and regret it each time

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:32 pm
I've flown it a few times. Once was delayed and delayed, spent the entire day in the airport only to have it cancelled 12 hours later and had to go home and catch a flight the next day. Another time was without incident just very dirty- there were chips all over the floor from the flight before. The third time was delayed as we got to the airport and then cancelled for absolutely no reason. It was a bright and sunny day and they claimed it was due to the weather even though no other airlines had delays. They didn't offer us any other flight. We ended up having to spend $900 to get a one way flight on a different airline for two people from LGA to FLL and spent the entire day in the airport with a 9 month old baby. That was the end of us using them.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:37 pm
I used to never fly with them since I heard horror stories. I have family members who always use them and never had a problem. The last few times I flew I did end up using them because time wise it made sense. They actually were not bad at all. We had very smooth flights.
I actually had way way more issues on United.

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Nov 05 2023, 6:38 pm
I flew spirit once and bli neder never again
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics