Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Earn some extra cash
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 7:34 pm
I’ve tried using several websites that have you complete surveys for payment over the years but this one I just found a few days ago is really impressing me with how many surveys are available and the amount of money you get paid. You get at least $8/6 euros an hour. Its not so much money, but I went on the site and did a short survey or two whenever I had a few free minutes for the past few days (bathroom breaks mostly lol) plus did a 45 minute survey one night and so far I’ve earned 22 euros. I’m American btw. They show the amount paid in euros regardless of where you live.

If you’re living paycheck to paycheck like I am, any amount of money helps. Plus the surveys are fun and interesting to complete! And I feel productive instead of wasting time on social media.

You have to join a waitlist and based on whether your demographic is in demand with their surveyors, they might have you wait a long time before approving you. I’m in my lower twenties which seems to be a needed demographic for them because they approved me a day after I applied.

The website is called Prolific - https://www.prolific.com/.

I don’t benefit from sharing this, just want to let people know that this is an option. I know women are always posting looking for work from home, part time jobs - this is a good option to earn a bit of money until you get one of those. Or it can just be a great hobby!

Feel free to ask any questions!

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:39 pm
How do you redeem the money?
Is there a minimum amount of surveys you need to do?

icedcoffee

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 10:50 pm
I've been casually using prolific for about three years and have made over $4,000 - it's legit! When I was in grad school I used to do research studies for some extra cash and they were always very interesting so I enjoy doing prolific as well (most are academic research studies).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:10 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
How do you redeem the money?
Is there a minimum amount of surveys you need to do?

They put the money in your PayPal account, then you can move it to your checking account.

I believe you have to get 5 euros in your Prolific account to have money sent to your PayPal. No minimum otherwise.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:10 pm
How do you get the money?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:12 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
I've been casually using prolific for about three years and have made over $4,000 - it's legit! When I was in grad school I used to do research studies for some extra cash and they were always very interesting so I enjoy doing prolific as well (most are academic research studies).

Wow lucky you for knowing about it four years ago! I’m really liking having this as a new hobby. You earn some money and get to use your brain.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:17 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
How do you get the money?

They put the money in your PayPal account, then you can move it to your checking account.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:19 pm
Would love to know if anyone in their thirties was approved by prolific.

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:32 pm
Sounds cool, I would enjoy doing this in my free time. I'm just curious if it's fully legit, I am usually suspicious of these types of things. Do you have to provide personal info which can cause you trouble?

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 11:43 pm
It says on the site that they have too many people and they have a waitlist u can sign up on.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 3:56 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
Sounds cool, I would enjoy doing this in my free time. I'm just curious if it's fully legit, I am usually suspicious of these types of things. Do you have to provide personal info which can cause you trouble?

I did a lot of research before signing up. It’s legit.

Once you’ve been approved from the wait list, you do have to upload your photo id. They have an independent security organization research its legitimacy. They need to make sure you are part of the demographic you claim to be in so that research results are reliable and accurate.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 3:57 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
It says on the site that they have too many people and they have a waitlist u can sign up on.

Yes, but I got approved from the wait list in less than a day. I know some people have had to wait a year or two before being approved, it’s very much based on your age and where you live and if their researchers are interested in hearing from those demographics.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 4:08 pm
amother Hunter wrote:

I signed up today and already got approved.
I'm in my 40's in Europe.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 4:11 pm
Thanks, I signed up! Not sure if I'll ever do, but could be cool if I find myself waiting somewhere.....

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:20 pm
I'm in my 30s and was approved
It's stuck on the practice study, did anyone have that?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:31 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
I'm in my 30s and was approved
It's stuck on the practice study, did anyone have that?

That’s weird, I haven’t had any technical issues. Tried reloading the page yet?

I’m now up to 33 euros and that’s just from taking surveys this week! I’m so happy.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:34 pm
Is there any kind of commitment

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:49 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
Is there any kind of commitment

Not at all, you can log on whenever you want to check if there are any surveys available but theres no obligation.

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:04 pm
Thanks! I signed up and got approved!

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s weird, I haven’t had any technical issues. Tried reloading the page yet?

I’m now up to 33 euros and that’s just from taking surveys this week! I’m so happy.

Abt how many hours ?
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics