Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss injections no longer covered by insurance

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:48 pm
I’ve been taking Mounjaro since February but I am switching insurance and my new insurance won’t cover any weight loss injections without a preauth and you need to have type 2 diabetes to cover it. They won’t even cover Wegovy which is approved for weight loss.
I have lost about 40 pounds on it but I need to lose at least another 30. I have never before in all my diets been able to lose weight like this. I feel good and I feel like I can eat normally and am not always hungry. It has helped me so much. But now I am worried that when I stop the injections the weight will come back. Anyone have something like this? What did u do? I can pay out of pocket but it would be like $1000 a month and it’s just too much.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:51 pm
I had the same thing happen to me. It was a very sad day when I ran out of Mounjaro.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:53 pm
[quote="amother Brass"]I had the same thing happen to me. It was a very sad day when I ran out of Mounjaro.[/quote

Did you gain it back? How long are you off of it and how are you doing?

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 9:23 pm
[quote="amother OP"]
amother Brass wrote:
I had the same thing happen to me. It was a very sad day when I ran out of Mounjaro.[/quote

Did you gain it back? How long are you off of it and how are you doing?

I stopped taking it over a year ago. I didn't gain back for a few months until I started wegovy. Wegovy didn't really help me lose, just maintain. I stopped taking that 3 months ago and gained some weight back. (10 of 35 pounds lost from mounjaro)

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 1:34 am
Can I asked why you stopped the wegovy?

What are you going to do now?

(I’m asking because I’m hoping to start one of these meds soon)

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:36 am
amother OP wrote:
I’ve been taking Mounjaro since February but I am switching insurance and my new insurance won’t cover any weight loss injections without a preauth and you need to have type 2 diabetes to cover it. They won’t even cover Wegovy which is approved for weight loss.
I have lost about 40 pounds on it but I need to lose at least another 30. I have never before in all my diets been able to lose weight like this. I feel good and I feel like I can eat normally and am not always hungry. It has helped me so much. But now I am worried that when I stop the injections the weight will come back. Anyone have something like this? What did u do? I can pay out of pocket but it would be like $1000 a month and it’s just too much.

But wouldnt this happen no matter when you stop taking this?
The wimen I know who are on this all have type 2 diabetes and are on it for life, for this reason.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:30 am
amother Oak wrote:
Can I asked why you stopped the wegovy?

What are you going to do now?

(I’m asking because I’m hoping to start one of these meds soon)

Because wegovy wasn't helping me lose weight. I was taking the highest dose and nothing.... so I figured why still inject myself every week with medication that isn't working for me?

I am honestly waiting for mounjaro to get approved for weight loss because my insurance will cover it then. But it's taking longer than I would like... for now I am just being fat.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:42 am
There's a pill to swallow, approved by insurance, Also amazing

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:44 am
I’m on ozempic now.
If I was in your situation, I would buy the monjarou and lower the dosage this way the vial would last longer.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:47 am
amother OP wrote:

Why would it cost $1k off insurance? I see ads in all the frum papers for weight loss injections and they’re usually in the $350/month range

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:49 am
amother Begonia wrote:
Why would it cost $1k off insurance? I see ads in all the frum papers for weight loss injections and they’re usually in the $350/month range

From what I understand- $350 a month covers the lowest dose of ozempic becuase you can make the vial last longer. I doubt you can get mounjaro for that little. The medications costs what it costs. And each dose is in an individual pen. It works differently.

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 7:08 am
amother Teal wrote:

Which pill?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 7:52 am
mom of many kih wrote:
Which pill?

There's some out there
I know my doctor prescribes it for patients uneligible for ozempic
Bh so far ozempic is approved for me but my friend who wouldn't get ozempic from insurance got that pill
She lost nicely

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 9:05 am
amother DarkGray wrote:
I’m on ozempic now.
If I was in your situation, I would buy the monjarou and lower the dosage this way the vial would last longer.

AFAIK mounjaro pens come in one dosage vials

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 9:05 am
amother Teal wrote:

whats the name of it?

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 9:21 am
amother Ivory wrote:
AFAIK mounjaro pens come in one dosage vials

Yes that's correct. You could take the dosages farther apart. I think I pushed to 10 or 11 days until I started feeling it wear off and took my next dose.

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 9:35 am
amother Teal wrote:
There's some out there
I know my doctor prescribes it for patients uneligible for ozempic
Bh so far ozempic is approved for me but my friend who wouldn't get ozempic from insurance got that pill
She lost nicely

What’s the name of it and what dr prescribes it

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 10:05 am
mom of many kih wrote:
What’s the name of it and what dr prescribes it

I don't know the name
Any doctor who prescribed ozempic would know what that is
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise