Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do your kids/preteens/teenagers eat breakfast?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:31 am
mine refuse too.

Rabbi Ishayek wrote in his book that not eating breakfast can stunt kids growth.

is this true?

many kids eat a plate of cheerios with milk. is that going to make a big difference?

they eat well at supper.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:54 am
I send my kids with a Ziploc of cereal or a waffle if they refuse anything at home. That way they have at least something for the bus ride or whenever.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:56 am
Hot cocoa, sometimes some bites of cereal or bread and cheese
Like me, they don’t care for breakfast, but I really try to make sure they have something
Also, a “PLATE of cheerios with milk”????

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 5:57 am
My kids take a greek yogurt smoothie or breakfast muffin to school with them. I can't imagine myself eating breakfast at 7:30 AM, so I don't expect the same of my kids. It's too early in the morning for them to eat.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:02 am
is this really going to make a diff to their growth?

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:03 am
amother OP wrote:

Growth comes from food..

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:03 am
amother OP wrote:

No, unless they are not getting enough nutrition throughout the day

giftedmom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:21 am
amother OP wrote:

Only if they’re overall malnourished

giftedmom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:22 am
My kids get breakfast at school so they’ll eat in the morning if they’re hungry but I’m not on top of it

keym

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:31 am
Ive said this before. My kids are really not breakfast eaters. It's hard to push them to eat when their systems are still waking up.

My boys especially, I spent years pushing them to eat something with nutrition. They hit 6th grade, minyan and all of a sudden they started eating.
Because breakfast is fresh bread/bagels/rolls with eggs, cream cheese or peanut butter. And cereal and milk. And it's served at 9:30 after davening and usually a speech. As opposed to when you're still waking up.
World of a difference. My boys started actually eating significantly.

I really wish the Israeli system of a sandwich at 10 for snack would become more popular.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:34 am
Not all kids are breakfast eaters. Make sure they drink something at least. It won’t interfere with their growth. My kids eat a leben, yogurt, sandwich, healthy muffin….

watermelon

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:55 am
Breakfast is usually a drink- a leben or a hot cocoa or a coffee, smoothies occasionally.

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 10:45 am
My DD is 6. She's not always in the mood to eat at 730 but I know she will eat at 945-10 in school, for aruchat eser so I don't push it.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 11:42 am
I'm big on breakfast, but my 15 year old sometimes tells me she's not in the mood, even nauseous in the morning. She sometimes takes something along (pancakes in a bag with some syrup, a yogurt and homemade granola, etc...) and her school also has some food options (cereal and milk, etc...) as part of their breakfast/lunch program (which I pay for, I have no idea how much she actually eats from it...)

weasley

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 11:52 am
I never ate breakfast since I was around 10. I just couldn't stomache food in the morning! I'm considered average/tall, but I was short as a kid and shot up at the end of high school!
It probably did impact my concentration skills though!

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 11:54 am
Yes, ages 1 thru 5. Let's see when they get older. I always washed and ate. I still do.

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 11:59 am
My kids 2.5-13 eat a good dinner but wake up starving. They were eating eggs today at 7:30am.

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 12:24 pm
mha3484 wrote:
My kids 2.5-13 eat a good dinner but wake up starving. They were eating eggs today at 7:30am.

My pre schooler is the only one that eats a big breakfast. He wakes at 6:30-7, leaves at 9:30. He eats breakfast at about 8:45.

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 6:37 pm
Both my kids (under 5) eat a three-course breakfast.
1) Hot Cocao when waking up
2) Fruit (orange/avacado/apple/banana)
3) Protein (yogurt/cheese/egg/peanut butter) with carb (bread/cereal/crackers)
If I give my kids cereal with milk, they think it's the appetizer.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 7:02 pm
No, my kids all take after me. We are not morning people and can't eat until we wake up properly. We all prefer to sleep as late as possible, so often I'm just waking them up as the bus gets to the neighborhood (we're the last stop). I send them with healthy food to eat for breakfast in school once they're hungry. I don't eat breakfast myself until after they all leave for school and even then not usually until around 10.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics