Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
If your child was diagnosed with ASD

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 12:17 am
How old was he? What were his symptoms? When did you start seeing them?

Phoebe31

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 10:39 am
You'll get a more accurate answer if you look this up online, read scholarly articles (mayo clinic, etc) because every single person's experience with ASD is so different. There are many symptoms and then there are also many ways those symptoms can be broken up. For example, repetitiveness; it can be repetitive behaviors that are obvious like rocking back and forth (which is called a stim)or less obvious like enjoying specific toys and always playing with them in exactly the same way, or jumping up and down, clapping their hands, etc.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 10:44 am
Phoebe31 wrote:
You'll get a more accurate answer if you look this up online, read scholarly articles (mayo clinic, etc) because every single person's experience with ASD is so different. There are many symptoms and then there are also many ways those symptoms can be broken up. For example, repetitiveness; it can be repetitive behaviors that are obvious like rocking back and forth (which is called a stim)or less obvious like enjoying specific toys and always playing with them in exactly the same way, or jumping up and down, clapping their hands, etc.

Yes, you are right, I hear you. I've done that. But I want to hear from others, because it makes it more reality based with real life examples. My son is 5 and doing 100 percent perfect in school. But I am concerned about what I see. I want to hear from others if they had similar experiences. If I am reading into his "normal kid" behavior or if I am right that something is off.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 10:50 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes, you are right, I hear you. I've done that. But I want to hear from others, because it makes it more reality based with real life examples. My son is 5 and doing 100 percent perfect in school. But I am concerned about what I see. I want to hear from others if they had similar experiences. If I am reading into his "normal kid" behavior or if I am right that something is off.

Maybe tell us about the things that you see that are off.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 12:40 pm
My son was diagnosed at age 7 but I suspected from age 3.

I think around age 5 or 6 I was very sure but the diagnosis took forever.

malky800

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 12:48 pm
From the time he was 3, I was sure my child was different.
If it's taking you a while to see the symptoms, your child may just have ASD tendencies, but might not actually have ASD.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 12:53 pm
Age two- all the usual

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 3:05 pm
malky800 wrote:
From the time he was 3, I was sure my child was different.
If it's taking you a while to see the symptoms, your child may just have ASD tendencies, but might not actually have ASD.

in what way was he different? Please, it would be helpful if you explained.
Also, what would cause a child to have asd tendencies?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics