Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
A creative space

Type of WhatsApp group
Admin posts only, entries are forwarded through the Admin with option to be anonymous or credited for the entry  
 31%  [ 5 ]
Regular group, all can post entries and chat  
 56%  [ 9 ]
Other, comment below  
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 11:19 am
For the past while I have been thinking, wouldn't it be great to have an anonymous place to share poems I've written or art I've created... I know I could technically publish but I'm not into that.... just looking to share for the pleasure of sharing! And maybe getting some likes too Laugh
I'm also curious to see the creativity of other talented busy Jewish women, there is so much we can learn from each other, gain insight etc

Since I don't know of any WhatsApp groups or similar which already exist for this purpose, I was thinking of opening up such a group myself!
Would love to hear some feedback or suggestions?
Please also comment if you would be interested in joining?

Unless there already is such a group out there Wink
Please clue me in!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 11:21 am
Just to add...
The reason why I prefer only posting through an Admin is firstly to give the option of anonymity and secondly to avoid chit chat crowding out the submissions

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 11:28 am
I like the idea but I want he chit chat so that we can discuss each others work of art!
Lol, it won't be annon though, that's almost impossible on WhatsApp unless all your users use different phone numbers so that no one pops up in anyone's contacts

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 11:32 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
I like the idea but I want he chit chat so that we can discuss each others work of art!
Lol, it won't be annon though, that's almost impossible on WhatsApp unless all your users use different phone numbers so that no one pops up in anyone's contacts

Thanks for the feedback!
By anonymous I mean just that the submissions are anonymous... my poems in particular are very personal and reveal my deepest thoughts and emotions
I'm not bothered to be in a group with my own contacts, as long as my submissions can't be linked to me, I'm OK with that.

Looks like the chat option is preferred.
Thinking of a third option is an open group, and whoever wants to submit anonymously can forward to the Admin to post on their behalf

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 11:36 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for the feedback!
By anonymous I mean just that the submissions are anonymous... my poems in particular are very personal and reveal my deepest thoughts and emotions
I'm not bothered to be in a group with my own contacts, as long as my submissions can't be linked to me, I'm OK with that.

Looks like the chat option is preferred.
Thinking of a third option is an open group, and whoever wants to submit anonymously can forward to the Admin to post on their behalf

But if it's open to discussion how will the group be able to ask any questions if the writer won't respond?
Might as well just leave if it as a closed group then

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 11:36 am
I would prefer chatting open so it doesn't feel like a museum. You can compliment the poster, ask questions and comment. It won't necessarily turn into chit chat

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 11:37 am
So my hesitation with anything like this is plagiarism. I’m worried about ppl taking/ using/ copying my work as their own . It’s happened before and I wonder how it could be prevented?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 11:42 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
So my hesitation with anything like this is plagiarism. I’m worried about ppl taking/ using/ copying my work as their own . It’s happened before and I wonder how it could be prevented?

An important point
I think the only way to avoid that is by purposely keeping the group small, no more than 20 people.
And if so, I won't have a problem to be non anonymous, chances are I wouldn't know the other 19 women anyway!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 11:46 am
Ok....I've taken the plunge and opened a group
Link below, I will remove this once 20 people are in the group
Hope to meet some of you soon there!

https://chat.whatsapp.com/ECV0.....wO4SD

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 12:37 pm
I would like such a group but can we separate poems from artwork?
Like, I would be interested in joining one but not the other.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 12:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok....I've taken the plunge and opened a group
Link below, I will remove this once 20 people are in the group
Hope to meet some of you soon there!

https://chat.whatsapp.com/ECV0.....wO4SD

Id love to join but have no access to my WhatsApp now. Anyway you can keep it up a bit longer?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 1:40 pm
amother Scarlet wrote:
Id love to join but have no access to my WhatsApp now. Anyway you can keep it up a bit longer?

Sure, still lots of space at the moment

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 1:51 pm
I requested to join:)
Will my number show up publicly when I post, or will you enter screen names to show instead?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 2:08 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I requested to join:)
Will my number show up publicly when I post, or will you enter screen names to show instead?

All people in a WhatsApp group can see all the other phone numbers.
But your name depends on what you set in WhatsApp

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 15 2023, 2:22 pm
Why don't you just open a blog on substack
People can comment
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics