Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Successful, healthy no prep dinner?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:51 pm
anyone? I didnt defrost any chicken or fish. I have no plan but it's cold and I want to serve something yummy and cozy. I have a big soup. now what?

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:52 pm
My family love chana masala with rice.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:54 pm
make grilled cheese to go with the soup.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:11 pm
Garlic bread for soup

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:14 pm
I love serving soup with freshly made breadsticks. This is super quick and easy (probably need to add more flour cuz I find it too sticky)

https://www.somewhatsimple.com.....14497

If with milchigs I love to brush with melter butter either mixed with frozen garlic cube or just sprinkle garlic powder and then a bit of salt as well. Super yummy!

GrowingUp

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:19 pm
Scrambled eggs
Paninis

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:25 pm
Avocado toast topped with an egg over easy, to go with the soup.

Quesadilla made with a folded wrap stuffed with cheese and veggies and browned on both sides.

Or add noodles or make dumplings to add to the soup (mix up egg, flour and salt and drop into bubbling soup for 10 minutes). Maybe serve with creamy deviled eggs as well.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:28 pm
so if I add bread to the soup, that's considered a balanced healthy meal? that's good news.
I feel like I must have a solid protein but my kids are bored of all versions of eggs and tuna.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:32 pm
We’re doing loaded baked potatoes/ grilled cheese

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
so if I add bread to the soup, that's considered a balanced healthy meal? that's good news.
I feel like I must have a solid protein but my kids are bored of all versions of eggs and tuna.

lol many people would say it’s not but technically the soup can have protein depending on what type. Bread technically has protein though we don’t consider it a protein source. Pediatricians have told me that kids (and I assume adults too) don’t necessarily need every food group every meal. It’s more of like over a week that it’s balanced. Many people won’t agree but to each their own. We feel properly nurished and full with a healthy soup and home bread bread for dinner.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics