Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Do I need a bassinet stroller or can I rely on snap n go?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 10:46 pm
In general we drive most places, walking would be taking the baby for short (15-30 min) walks or just like in and out of stores/the doctor's office.

Is it OK to just get a snap n go and use that till baby's old enough for a stroller with a seat?

Or should I go for a bassinet stroller?

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 10:47 pm
For the winter you definitely don’t need a bassinet. It has a short lifespan anyway. It’s great for spring/summer babies.

scruffy

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 10:48 pm
You don't need the bassinet stroller if you will minimize sleep in the car seat and instead nap the baby in their crib or similar when at home.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 10:51 pm
scruffy wrote:
You don't need the bassinet stroller if you will minimize sleep in the car seat and instead nap the baby in their crib or similar when at home.

Yes that would be the plan. Getting a bassinet anyway, wouldn't use the stroller bassinet for sleep.

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 10:56 pm
Technically you don’t need it but.
If you are sending to a babysitter the bassinet is good for naps
Walking places on Shabbos especially in winter I would want a bassinet or even just a stroller. Kid isn’t protected from elements in car seat

I would recommend nuna triv or cybex miso which has a snap and go style super light frame which is compatible with a car seat and also a regular stroller seat which you just pop on . Optional to purchase a compatible bassinet as well which also pops on nicely so you can keep the frame in car to be used with car seat but on Shabbos you can use the stroller seat or bassinet depending on baby’s age

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 11:19 pm
The answer to your question is yes! You don't need a bassinet stroller! I used one for the first floor of my house and took for walks here and there. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the graco infant seat and snap n go. And nothing will happen if your baby naps in it here and there. My active 8 month old falls asleep in it at times and isn't great with transfers and I'll let her nap in it once on a while no problem. Bassinet strollers are nice for stomach sleepers to be comfy. Mind you, it's my 8th kid and never had a bassinet stroller before. You can totally manage without it.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 11:26 pm
I used a snap n go for 3 kids. Never had a bassinet stroller.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 11:36 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
I used a snap n go for 3 kids. Never had a bassinet stroller.

Same here. Never had a bassinet stroller.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 11:37 pm
If the seat is comfortable why would you need a bassinet. Never saw the purpose. Never had one. 4 kids.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 12:53 am
I use the snap n go for Drs visits and have a regular city mini that lies almost flat for walks starting from newborn. You just can't leave them in either one of those super long

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:09 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
If the seat is comfortable why would you need a bassinet. Never saw the purpose. Never had one. 4 kids.

I never had a bassinet stroller either, but a snap n go means a car seat, not the same as a flat stroller. Bassinet strollers do look much more comfortable for a baby to me, with a lay flat stroller being next best. Spending a lot of time in a car seat does not look comfortable, even if a baby is too young to specifically report on that. Their heads always tilt at an awkward looking angle..

scintilla

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:12 am
Does your stroller seat lay flat or almost flat? If so you can use it quite early on. I'm a big fan of babies being in good positions and I think you should be fine without the bassinet either way. It's just good to be mindful of how long baby is in the car seat and give them time for free movement but that's definitely doable without a bassinet stroller.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:48 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
The answer to your question is yes! You don't need a bassinet stroller! I used one for the first floor of my house and took for walks here and there. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the graco infant seat and snap n go. And nothing will happen if your baby naps in it here and there. My active 8 month old falls asleep in it at times and isn't great with transfers and I'll let her nap in it once on a while no problem. Bassinet strollers are nice for stomach sleepers to be comfy. Mind you, it's my 8th kid and never had a bassinet stroller before. You can totally manage without it.

I’m confused, you say you used one in the first floor of your house and for walks; and then say you never had one. What you used inside and for walks was a snap n go?
Either way, babies can’t say when they’re uncomfortable. So they may be uncomfortable in a car seat for long periods of time, but if that’s all they have, they aren’t exactly aware of other options.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:58 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
I didn’t have one for my first 4. Bought one for #5 and I will never go back. Car seat for in the car only.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:02 am
It’s really not good for baby to be in car seat for extended amounts of time. It’s bad for their neck muscles and also can cause flat head. This is the reason that I have a bassinet stroller. I used it all the time for the first 4 months and then I put it in storage for my next baby. I would not only have a car seat. A car seat isn’t a stroller!

teachkids

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:19 am
Short answer is how much will baby be in the stroller? Half an hour twice a week? Snap n go is fine. Hour long walks every day? Get a lie flat or bassinet.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:27 am
amother OP wrote:
In general we drive most places, walking would be taking the baby for short (15-30 min) walks or just like in and out of stores/the doctor's office.

Is it OK to just get a snap n go and use that till baby's old enough for a stroller with a seat?

Or should I go for a bassinet stroller?

You can also baby wear it’s better than sleeping in a car seat since it sorta is a tummy time.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:28 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
You can also baby wear it’s better than sleeping in a car seat since it sorta is a tummy time.

But also I got so much used out of our bassinet! Granted my baby was a summer baby but still. We used it in the house for naps etc. was a safe place to put her. And if she fell asleep I was able to roll her into another room so we wouldn’t wake her. If you can get it I still would.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 9:03 am
I used the bassinet on the first floor of my house as a makeshift "crib" and rolled baby around with me as needed. Otherwise, I didn't really use it.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 9:38 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I used the bassinet on the first floor of my house as a makeshift "crib" and rolled baby around with me as needed. Otherwise, I didn't really use it.

It’s also great if you’re going out for a Shabbos meal and your baby can sleep in the bassinet stroller. I think it’s really great to have and will come in handy more times than you think, OP. You won’t have to stress if your baby falls asleep in it since it’s a great safe place to sleep.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics