Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How many calories do you eat a day to lose weight?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 5:53 am
To lose at least 2lb a week?
I have at least 2-3 stone to lose. I'm trying to aim for 1200 calories combined with intermittent fasting. Is this too low?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 6:01 am
I’m currently eating 1200 a day. It’s not too low but it’s hard. I tried to do it with intermittent fasting but it wasn’t working out for me , I need to eat when my kids let me , not when the clock says too, was stressing me out too much . If my baby needs to b e fed and toddler needs to b bathed and older one needs to do hw I can’t be concerned tht my time for eating is almost up. Just b aware tht it can b hard for mothers who aren’t on their own schedule.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 6:09 am
amother Aqua wrote:
I’m currently eating 1200 a day. It’s not too low but it’s hard

Thanks. What's your typical day like, what do you eat?
It's only just gone 11am here and I've already eaten a fair bit 🫣
I work from home in the morning so I tend to do most of my eating now. Later I'm busy so I don't feel as peckish.

Coffee-. 85 calories
Bowl of all bran - approx 132 calories
Nak-d bar - 135 calories
Cup pineapple - 82 calories

This is what I plan to have for the rest of the day, let's hope it happens!
2 eggs scrambled with half a slice low fat cheese

Bowl leek and courgette soup (or 2 if I'm hungry)

Big plate of roasted veg, pargiyot. Maybe with lettuce, mini cucumbers.

Sugar free sweets when peckish.

Is this way over? I need to calculate the rest...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 6:11 am
amother Aqua wrote:
I’m currently eating 1200 a day. It’s not too low but it’s hard. I tried to do it with intermittent fasting but it wasn’t working out for me , I need to eat when my kids let me , not when the clock says too, was stressing me out too much . If my baby needs to b e fed and toddler needs to b bathed and older one needs to do hw I can’t be concerned tht my time for eating is almost up. Just b aware tht it can b hard for mothers who aren’t on their own schedule.

Right I get that. I'm at the stage where I have mostly older kids, and the one toddler I get a lot of help with because my dh is home at around 5.15 and helps me loads so I can try to be done eating by 6ish. I know it won't be easy at all. I want to give it a good go though.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 6:18 am
I ate 1200 calories combined with IF (not super rigid) and lost a lot
I find it easier to push off my first meal to midday as it's hard to stop eating at 5-6

mom1st

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 6:22 am
Be careful about dieting especially with the kids around, you don't want them to pick up any food related issues. If you want, cut out sugar and white flour. Don't have long conversations in front of the kids about the evils of carbs. Try to fill up on fruits and veg in between meals. Make sure to only buy enough junk that gets eaten on Shabbos, and throw out the left over, if its unopened give it to a food gemach. Good luck

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 7:53 am
I aimed for one pound a week so I had 1300-1500 a day. 1200 is little. I use the loseit app to help me track my calories. Good luck

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 8:11 am
It's not necessarily that simple, as undereating, & 1200 is quite low esp not necessarily taking into consideration your activity level, height weight etc. & it can backfire where after dieting you might be vulnerable to weight gain & getting hungrier if your body has had to contend with undereating for too long. It's important for women to anticipate that different times of the month have slightly different caloric & macro needs. It could be helpful for you - everyone's body's are unique.

(You didn't ask but will just share that for me personally, I finally benefited after lots of trial & error & eventually combining approaches like weight watchers (no calorie counting, favoring protein & lots of wholesome carbs, it's helped me to become a much more balanced eater!) mild intermittent fasting, definitely some resistance training. It's multifaceted.)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 9:06 am
amother Seashell wrote:
It's not necessarily that simple, as undereating, & 1200 is quite low esp not necessarily taking into consideration your activity level, height weight etc. & it can backfire where after dieting you might be vulnerable to weight gain & getting hungrier if your body has had to contend with undereating for too long. It's important for women to anticipate that different times of the month have slightly different caloric & macro needs. It could be helpful for you - everyone's body's are unique.

(You didn't ask but will just share that for me personally, I finally benefited after lots of trial & error & eventually combining approaches like weight watchers (no calorie counting, favoring protein & lots of wholesome carbs, it's helped me to become a much more balanced eater!) mild intermittent fasting, definitely some resistance training. It's multifaceted.)

Yes I get that. I weigh 13.11 stones Sad and I'm short. I think between 5.1-5.2
I'll most likely eat more than 1200, it's just a rough goal. I've never tried losing weight using calorie counting as a method, and I think it could work for me.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 10:20 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes I get that. I weigh 13.11 stones Sad and I'm short. I think between 5.1-5.2
I'll most likely eat more than 1200, it's just a rough goal. I've never tried losing weight using calorie counting as a method, and I think it could work for me.

What’s 13.11 stones ? I’m 5.3 and im doing 1200, I don’t exercise at all , otherwise I would need more . I usually eat two meals a day bec I dont have time in the morning . So I’ll eat brunch at like 12 and mayb a fruit later and supper whenever my kids r in bed but I’ll pick on some when they eat. Also make sure if u pick your counting tht too!
85 is a lot for coffee what r u putting in there ?
Cottage cheese is good and low fat, soups r great too , and of course tons of veggies but if roasted watch the oil, and if salad, watch the dressing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 10:24 am
amother Aqua wrote:
What’s 13.11 stones ? I’m 5.3 and im doing 1200, I don’t exercise at all , otherwise I would need more . I usually eat two meals a day bec I dont have time in the morning . So I’ll eat brunch at like 12 and mayb a fruit later and supper whenever my kids r in bed but I’ll pick on some when they eat. Also make sure if u pick your counting tht too!
85 is a lot for coffee what r u putting in there ?
Cottage cheese is good and low fat, soups r great too , and of course tons of veggies but if roasted watch the oil, and if salad, watch the dressing.

185 pounds
My coffee, I only put in soya milk which I checked and it's 42 calories for 100ml and I have just under 200ml (a big plastic cup full) but I just realised now that a bit of that is hot water (I only put a tiny bit in because I prefer my coffees milky Smile. So they're probably more like 75 calories. I'll possibly end the days food with one at around 6pm as well.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 10:45 am
amother OP wrote:
185 pounds
My coffee, I only put in soya milk which I checked and it's 42 calories for 100ml and I have just under 200ml (a big plastic cup full) but I just realised now that a bit of that is hot water (I only put a tiny bit in because I prefer my coffees milky Smile. So they're probably more like 75 calories. I'll possibly end the dags food d with one at around 6pm as well.

Good luck! I just started doing this diet 2 weeks ago (I’m 6 weeks postpartum. But I’ve been counting my husbands calories for him for years, once u get the hang of it it’s easy , I became very good at math😂 just don’t forget to always measure , things rly add up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise