Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Piano

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 4:42 pm
my daughter decided to learn piano and we got her a beginner keyboard. She's been fine with it. It's been over a year and a half.

I decided I wanted to play also and I started to feel pain. I thought it was me since I have other physical issues. I started searching online for better dynamics... today I ended up seeing something on google that got me searching to see which keyboard it was and reviews and saw that a review said that they wouldn't use this keyboard because it can cause injury to people who are sensitive due to being overly weighted etc... so now I'm trying to figure out what to do. don't really want to spend a ton of money on a new piano or even a new keyboard. wondering if I should see about getting a piano from craigslist or something but I looked at a website for free pianos and it seems like the pianos haven't been touched in years, I'm concerned I'll pay for delivery.... and they just won't be salvageable at all.
Any advice?

Choirmistress

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 5:37 pm
Check out Chorda. Very compact but with no piano-style keys per se. Also under the same (crowdfunding) website is a compact keyboard (sorry, forget the brand name) with only two or three octaves' worth of keys but made from real wood and advertised as having the same sound and touch dynamics as a real piano, ideal for youngsters or other students.
Or you could go for a more conventional 31/2-4-octave electric keyboard such as Casio or Yamaha. What brand is your daughter's beginner keyboard?
The more recently manufactured, the more likely the company has made the sound and touch dynamics adjustable.
Hatzlacha!

Choirmistress

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 4:22 pm
A p.s. to my previous response:
The website for Chorda is Kickstarter. Chorda is only 12 to 15 inches long. Available in three or four colours.
Its manufacturer is Artiphon.
Or as I mentioned, you can go with one of the limited-octave "tabletop" keyboards such as Yamaha, Casio, or Korg.
And sorry, I still forget the name of the one made of wood that's supposed to have realistic acoustic and tactile dynamics. But you can also find it on the Kickstarter website. I purposely refrained from contributing to funding it because its non-wood trimming is available only in my least favourite colour, red.
Again, hatzlacha to you and your daughter. The world really needs new music right now!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts