Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Older kichels vs newer version

AhavatYisrael

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 8:44 pm
My children asked for Twisted Kichels for Chanukah but when I called the store they said that there's a new one that just came out. What's the difference between the two versions? Which is better?

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 8:45 pm
Twisted Kichels is like Apples to Apples and Kichel It is like Taboo. We love Twisted Kichels. Every so often we have to put the game away and wait until it’s not boring. I wish they had an additional card pack. But we played it incessantly for months before it got boring. I bought Kichel It also, but we’re saving it for Chanukah, so I can’t say anything about it.

Simple1

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 9:08 pm
Twisted kichels is fun. I don’t know about the new game, we don’t have it.

AhavatYisrael

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 7:36 am
So it sounds like the new Kichels game is too new for anyone to say if it's any good.
I thought that buying them the new one would be a good novelty because no one else has it yet, but now I'm thinking that I should stick to Twisted Kichels because I know that it's good.

Busybee5

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:06 am
We love twisted kichels. The new one does sound good though, and if I'd be buying one now I'd get the new one because if my kids have friends round it'll most likely be new for them. You can always get the older one at a later date. For pesach/purim etc. Or next chanukah.

Brownies

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:48 am
Is there a Kichels 4 (book) coming out this Chanukah? Does anyone know?

joystock

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 9:18 am
We have the new Kichels It game and it's tons of fun! It's like taboo and also charades.... I happen to like it better than the first one

AhavatYisrael

Post Sat, Dec 09 2023, 9:50 pm
Gut voch. I wanted to follow up on this thread in case anyone else had the same dilemma. I decided to go with Kichel It simply because it's newer and will be a novelty when my children have friends over. We opened it up on Shabbos and it went over really well. My preteens said that it was better than twisted Kichels.

amother
Aconite

Post Sat, Dec 09 2023, 9:56 pm
We bought Kichel It on friday and played it on Shabbos.
My kids had a blast. I personally like Twisted Kichels better but this seemed to be a crowd pleaser also.

amother
Almond

Post Sat, Dec 09 2023, 10:11 pm
We used it too. They're both good games- just different. We used Taboo rules vs the specific ones they give. Of note- as the instructions on the new game will tell you, it comes with a sand timer. If you don't use sand timers on Shabbos, you're going to want to take it out of the box in advance of Shabbos.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 1:00 am
We also have both and yes my teens say the 2nd is even better. I honestly love both
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics