Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Sundays - Am I the only one?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 4:47 pm
Who loves having their girls home on Sundays? I actually enjoy having them in the house. Honestly I really wish my boys would have off too.

My friend group on WhatsApp doesn’t stop venting every Sunday about “why in the world are girls home on Sundays….”

Anybody out there like me?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 4:54 pm
I also like having my girls home. I don't like the idea of Sunday school. I feel so bad waking my kids early on a Sunday.

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 4:57 pm
Interesting - I always loved having my daughter home - literally best day of the week for me for years and years. Now she's in 7th grade and it's actually annoying and I was going to post on imamother tonigher- anyone hate having their daughter home. She's always around. In the morning we went to the mall and had a bast but then I need space but she's always around. She respects my space but she's still near me. Lol - sounds weird but wondering if anyone can relate.

honey36

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 4:57 pm
I don't mind having girls home on Sunday, but I don't think it would be outlandish for them to have Sunday school. They end school at 12 on Fridays, so they really only have 4.5 days of school a week.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:04 pm
I like having my girls home. I think it's good for all of us. My boys are all in yeshiva til 4 and I miss the days when they got home earlier on Sunday too. At least we have long motzei shabbos in the winter.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:06 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
I like having my girls home. I think it's good for all of us. My boys are all in yeshiva til 4 and I miss the days when they got home earlier on Sunday too. At least we have long motzei shabbos in the winter.

Yes, I just enjoy having my kids in my vicinity. Yes Sundays are often chaotic and noisy, but half their lives they’re not even home. I just find the family time so rewarding. We usually don’t do anything formal on Sundays, just chill around, late breakfasts..

Not trying to invalidate anyone though…

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:07 pm
I have mostly Boys and I wish they were home on Sunday. I love having my kids home with me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:11 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
I have mostly Boys and I wish they were home on Sunday. I love having my kids home with me.

This feels good to hear… not sure why I always feel like the odd one out… it appears that everyone around me just prefers their kids out of the house and on strict routines all the time.

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:12 pm
My girls kvetch all Sunday for playdates. So Sundays usually are a mix of driving my girls to their friends, entertaining daughter/s at home with friends and/ or having a daughter kvetch all day that she doesn't have a playdate... If the girls would enjoy being home and doing home based activities without friends, I think Sundays would be far more pleasant.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:25 pm
I’m the same, love having my kids home. My daughter’s school had an extra day of winter break until parents complained, and I can’t for the life of me understand it.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:27 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
My girls kvetch all Sunday for playdates. So Sundays usually are a mix of driving my girls to their friends, entertaining daughter/s at home with friends and/ or having a daughter kvetch all day that she doesn't have a playdate... If the girls would enjoy being home and doing home based activities without friends, I think Sundays would be far more pleasant.

From when my kids are very young, I try to have them entertain themselves whenever they're bored. It's good for children to be bored and figure out how to entertain themselves. If we're always entertaining our kids from when they're little, they'll always demand entertainment and won't know how to utilize their time when they're bored. Some boredom is good. It's a gift we give our kids, the gift of them learning to entertain themselves.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:27 pm
I switched my boys out of a yeshiva ketana and into a wonderful MO school and I absolutely love having them home on sundays!

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:33 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
I’m the same, love having my kids home. My daughter’s school had an extra day of winter break until parents complained, and I can’t for the life of me understand it.

I posted earlier how I wish my boys were home on Sunday. And I Do. Because I don't work on Sunday. But I hate random extra days off...because I work...and I just can't keep taking days off. So I love having my kids home when I am home but I can't just take off from work because otherwise I won't be able to afford tuition.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:46 pm
My son has cheder on Sundays. My oldest has school Sundays she comes home at 1 and no school on Friday.
I HATE it.
I wish my kids were all home Sunday and out on Fridays.
Friday is a busy day I don't have much time for them.
But Sunday is anyways a lazy late messy day. It would be so lovely to chill!
Until my ds4 and ddq0 started going Sunday I absolutely loved Sundays. Now it's such a drag.
Get 2 kids out the door in the AM, one kid comes home. Get her lunch fast. Send her off to her extracurriculars, she comes home same time as the next one goes.....
I hate it. But they seem to enjoy it.
At least my kid is happy to go. She says Sunday is the best day in school. They mostly do Jewish History her favorite subject.

This year chanuka break us Friday Sunday Monday. Still haven't decided what we're gonna do. Probably chill, play games.... I might keep my son home one day too. Although he's in kita A and u really would have for him to miss a day. I think it's important.

So op, you aren't the only one who loves their kids home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics