Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Legos here, there and everywhere.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 1:27 pm
So, my kids and husband love creating new Lego stuff together. They put their creations all over the place except for my husband. He just builds it with them. Does anyone have an idea of where and how to store them.

ftm1234

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 1:29 pm
I love your title!

Do you have a playroom? A basement? Extra garage space? Maybe a guest room they can use when you don’t have guests?

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 1:31 pm
We have several ikea trofast drawer towers (a few configurations) and parts drawers for Lego and use the tops as shelving for the creations. It takes practice and I do have to remind somewhat, but they know when there’s no more room on top, it’s time to reconfigure and break up some stuff.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 1:46 pm
Thanks both of you. We don’t have extra space yet. Until we do,I can’t stand the legos. I told my husband and kids they are taking so much precious space. I just can’t, they are everywhere

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 1:54 pm
I would designate a specific area of the house for lego play. Whether it's their bedroom, a corner of the dining room, somewhere where they have to live. Are they wanting to keep what they've made built? You could put up a couple of shelves to keep the lego on to display. There's also the hack of covering a small table with lego boards to make a giant lego table.

singleagain

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 2:03 pm
Do you mean a place to put the finished Lego designs like a display them? Or the Lego pieces?

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 2:04 pm
You need to confine them. When we bought our house, there was a large closet in the basement, about 7 feet x 10 feet — I'm sure it was meant for off-season clothes storage, but we turned it into the "Lego room."

Designate an area — you can define it with tape on the floor if it's part of a larger space — and make sure there is both a Lego storage area and some display shelves within that space. A table is a plus.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 3:47 pm
A place to put their finished creations. It’s just bh so much, but the same time it’s just too much legos..

singleagain

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 3:50 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
A place to put their finished creations. It’s just bh so much, but the same time it’s just too much legos..

I would suggest looking into shelves and display cases.

I would Google LEGO display cases and see what style and fit would be best for you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics