Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Treatment for PANS - for the skeptical

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:31 am
I have to admit, I've been skeptical of the idea of treating possible PANS/PANDAS with ibuprofen that gets mentioned here regularly. But I just came across this study and I stand corrected. This is from a top peer reviewed journal on pediatric psychopharmacology.

Clinical Management of Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome: Part II—Use of Immunomodulatory Therapies
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi......0148

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 8:13 am
Jennifer frankovich is the head of the Stanford pans and pandas clinic and does amazing work. Susan swedo is the research who "discovered" pandas while working at the NIH back in the 1980s. Madeleine Cunningham is the founder of the Cunningham Panel that can actually detect anti neuronal antibodies in the blood. Tanya Murphy and Elizabeth Latimer are expert pans and pandas clinicians.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 8:27 am
When my son was diagnosed with pandas (yes he had almost every symptom, yes he was properly diagnosed), the first treatment was a lesser antibiotic. After a month, we were switched to a stronger dose with motrin
If I could tell you how things changed like a light switch, I wouldn’t be exaggerating!!
This is after months and months of the worst most psychotic and irrational behavior. Tics, bedwetting, etc
It was amazing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics