Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing on instagram+question

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 12:40 pm
Hi I'm wandering if their are any jewish organizers on Instagram or on the web that I could use for inspiration. Also maybe someone here could help. Although I'm a very visual person so if possible include pictures or links.

I would have hired a home organizer if I could buy I don't have the money to spend.I have a long and tall wired shelf toy closet for toys thats not deep. More space then I need My kids are the lucky owners of new toys they got as chanuka presents from grandparents. They are bulkier toys and don't have a designated place on the shelf and they end up staying around in the floor. These toys include hockey table without legs. New doll accessories including a doll car seat, bath tub, cash register and toy vacume and a new little people doll house made by fischer price. All these toys are played daily by my children. 3-7 but they are not in bins like the clics and smaller doll furniture so my kids are not putting it back on the shelf. It's alo not a huge toy to keep out.

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 12:58 pm
Shulamis Weil- on instagram and WhatsApp

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 1:35 pm
I’m a professional organizer, and would be happy to share my experience.
In my opinion what works best for bulk toys, but small enough to store is soft bins that you can just throw everything into, doesn’t need to be neat,(meaning kids can just throw it back in when done) since you can’t see it.
If you tell me the measurements of the space I’ll be happy to link some bins. Or if you prefer to keep a pretty basket out, I can link those as well.

Bleemee

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 1:59 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
I’m a professional organizer, and would be happy to share my experience.
In my opinion what works best for bulk toys, but small enough to store is soft bins that you can just throw everything into, doesn’t need to be neat,(meaning kids can just throw it back in when done) since you can’t see it.
If you tell me the measurements of the space I’ll be happy to link some bins. Or if you prefer to keep a pretty basket out, I can link those as well.

Generous of you!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 2:31 pm
Generous of you![/quote]

I’m Happy to help!

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:30 am
Our shul shelves in the ladies section are very messy
I would like to create some type of system that even the cleaning crew (non jews), or a 9 yr old, could know where to place the Siddurim, Chumashim, Tehillim, miscellaneous sefarim. Besides ppl just placing back sefarim randomly, the men use the ladies section during the week and they bring in other sefarim, and tallit/tefillin bags etc.
The whole area is a mess.
I think if there was a system in place then someone can easily see which Sefer or object is not in the correct place.

I’m willing to do it, and I have a few ladies and the cleaning crew willing to help.
But we need some sort of system.

zaq

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 2:05 pm
Put bright colored Avery dots or bright colored duct tape on the spines of each type of book. Hot pink for siddurim, lime green for chumashim, turquoise for RH-YK machzorim, purple for Shalosh regalim machzorim and so on. If you have chumashim in five volumes, put the tape on a diagonal across the whole set, so it's obvious which volume goes where in the set. (Thank you, Yeshiva University library for this last tip.)

But be aware that at the end of the day, you are still relying on the congregation to be responsible about returning books to their proper place. Don't expect that they will do so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics