Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Whats the largest NYC Granite yard where I can get samples?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 10:03 am
My contractor is getting granite samples to show me, but I want to go on my own and see granites that he may not show me.

Any very large granite yards I can go to where they will give me samples?

tia

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 11:06 am
bump

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 11:17 am
For many granites, you need to look at the slabs in person because slabs are unique. You should also be involved with the template of your slab, to make sure the pattern and seams are acceptable to you.

That said, you can google pictures of granite and you will get a very good idea of the beautiful varieties and can narrow down before you visit the yard because the choices in a large yard can be overwhelming.

Also some granite needs more pampering and more frequent sealing and other granite doesn’t require much care. My granite doesn’t need to be sealed and it pretty impervious to staining.

You should test samples for staining by having sauce or wine left in and seeing whether it stains.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 11:45 am
Amarante wrote:
For many granites, you need to look at the slabs in person because slabs are unique. You should also be involved with the template of your slab, to make sure the pattern and seams are acceptable to you.

That said, you can google pictures of granite and you will get a very good idea of the beautiful varieties and can narrow down before you visit the yard because the choices in a large yard can be overwhelming.

Also some granite needs more pampering and more frequent sealing and other granite doesn’t require much care. My granite doesn’t need to be sealed and it pretty impervious to staining.

You should test samples for staining by having sauce or wine left in and seeing whether it stains.

Thanks! Makes sense.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 11:54 am
I liked MSI in Edison. Their sample selection is huge and well organized. I took a bunch home (and actually now use several of them as coasters LOL )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries