Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
To buy boots or not

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 8:43 am
If you live in a place that gets a real snow maybe once a winter if at all, do you buy all your kid’s boots? I used to but then I ended up with so many unworn. So I don’t know what to do. It’s supposed to snow next week but if it’s just an inch I’d rather buy booties because those they can wear daily. So what do you do? Buy real boats for the low chance it will be real snow once?

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 8:45 am
I buy a size that is bigger so the first year it’s a bit big and the next year it fits . Then I pass them down from one to the other

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 9:12 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
I buy a size that is bigger so the first year it’s a bit big and the next year it fits . Then I pass them down from one to the other

Exactly what I do. And if you get all black and neutral looking the boys and girls can share. I only have elementary kids and younger though. Not sure how long I’ll keep it up but little kids like to play in the snow so even for that one day a year it’s worth it!

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:30 am
Yes, sometimes they use it sometimes they dont

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:36 am
Do you have space in your home? You should start a community boot gemach!! I bet half your community has boots they bought that were never worn, other half wants but doesn’t want to buy.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 11:34 am
Buy from Zappos, return policy is a year (double check but that’s what it was last I bought from there)

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 12:00 pm
I've been trying to get the cheapest I can. Sometimes people give them away in local mom groups online but usually not until the day of the first big snow so that's a little risky. Otherwise I keep an eye out at Aldi or Marshalls and look for sales.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 12:22 pm
I live in NYC and I don't bother buying boots anymore. Haven't had a areal snow in years. I do get some hand me downs but they sit in the closet

glicklech

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 12:24 pm
I buy rain boots with a warm insert for snow so I can at least use 2 seasons.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days