Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is Walmart+ worth it
Previous  1  2  3  Next

lukshin

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:56 pm
Also,
walmart is very easy with refunds. if the wrong item is sent or they give something by mistake or I want to return something, they always say theyll give a refund and I can keep the item...

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 7:03 pm
Now that I have Walmart+, I do find for things I can order from Walmart or Amazon, that it’s worth doing a quick search and compare to see who has it for a better price and timing. I can’t imagine I’m the only one and I’d like to think the competition between Walmart and Amazon will be good for consumers

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 7:09 pm
Deleted the inaccurate info.
It saves hours of time and is so helpful.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 7:43 pm
Next question - how does it compare to target shipt?

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 7:46 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
Walmart plus is the best. If you order a generic brand and you have substitutions on and they don’t have the generic brand in stock they give you the regular brand for the same price.

The same price for substitutions policy ended in 2022. Now they charge the actual price of the substitution.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:10 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
The same price for substitutions policy ended in 2022. Now they charge the actual price of the substitution.

Again - I’m always worried to allow substitutions bec of kashrut?

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:11 pm
amother Candycane wrote:

This is only if the shopper checks off that the item was substituted. I find that they 50% of the time they don't do this and you get charged the price of the originally selected item.

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:20 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Again - I’m always worried to allow substitutions bec of kashrut?

I always pick a specific substitution. If there's not kosher sub, I don't allow substitutions for that item. If there's a kosher issue they're amazing with returns.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:26 pm
I'm posting on my nieghbor's experience. I don't have walmart+. she says its super convienent that it arrives so quickly and you don't need a minimum to place an order but you either don't get an item that you need because they don't have it and then you are stuck. or if they substitute, you end up wasting a lot of money.
like some brand names are much more expensive in certain things and they'll replace it for the brand name vs the off brand which can be a difference of a few dollars on most items. In her words "its a good way to spend money"

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
Next question - how does it compare to target shipt?

Walmart has a much, much wider variety of products in my experience, at a better price point.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:00 pm
BTW if you qualify for any government programs (even WIC), you can get Walmart+ for 50% (annual or monthly). If you do qualify, it’s better than the current cash back deal for 2 reasons:
1. You never need to pay that $50
2. You can get the discount even after your free trial

(Prime also has the same idea)

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 11:09 pm
Yes !!! So worth it, I love Walmart plus

amother
Molasses

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:53 am
How do I know if it is available in my area?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 1:49 pm
mamaleh wrote:
BTW if you qualify for any government programs (even WIC), you can get Walmart+ for 50% (annual or monthly). If you do qualify, it’s better than the current cash back deal for 2 reasons:
1. You never need to pay that $50
2. You can get the discount even after your free trial

(Prime also has the same idea)

The govt pays for Walmart+ and Prime memberships?

mamaleh

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 1:54 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
The govt pays for Walmart+ and Prime memberships?

No, both Walmart & Amazon offer a discounted membership price to those who are on these programs. I believe they see it as a way to get more customers while getting some good PR for ‘helping the poor’.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 1:59 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
Walmart plus is the best. If you order a generic brand and you have substitutions on and they don’t have the generic brand in stock they give you the regular brand for the same price.

This is not true anymore. Now they charge you the price of the replacement item

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 4:00 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
I'm posting on my nieghbor's experience. I don't have walmart+. she says its super convienent that it arrives so quickly and you don't need a minimum to place an order but you either don't get an item that you need because they don't have it and then you are stuck. or if they substitute, you end up wasting a lot of money.
like some brand names are much more expensive in certain things and they'll replace it for the brand name vs the off brand which can be a difference of a few dollars on most items. In her words "its a good way to spend money"

You can choose which item you want as a replacement in advance and they also.give you time to say no to a replacement while they are shopping.

There is a minimum for placing a delivery order unless you want to pay an extra 6.99.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 8:47 pm
I have walmart +, student membership and love it
live in jackson

justforfun87

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 10:05 pm
I'm so confused what people buy on Amazon for household stuff? I never found it cheaper.

greenteaorange

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:04 am
I got Walmart plus and the first two orders worked out okay..
After that I’m having issues that grocery items like cucumbers, apples bananas etc are always listed as out of stock. I can’t actually find any produce items right now when I search
Literally bought Walmart plus for grocery items not just pantry.
Anyone else have this issue? I doubt Walmart is literally out of apples and cucumbers?
The issue is consistent whether I check early or later in day-
Any hacks or advice to get produce or is Walmart plus just inconsistent?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries