Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Spin-off mesivta list by type?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 7:25 pm
Does this make sense? That 1 would apply to yeshivas on same line?

Slamowitz, Keren, Lakewood, Cohn, Feinroth

Sherwonter, Mintz, greenfield, berkiwitz

Sukenik, Perr,

Whitty, brus, stein, weinberger

Ungarisher, stern Klein, Krupenia , pepper

Woodlake, hirth

Please add or edit

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 7:33 pm
These lists are so boxy.

marvinkay

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:02 pm
amother Amber wrote:
These lists are so boxy.

Meaning?

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:08 pm
What are your groupings intended to indicate? Common combos? I dont see any repeats.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:19 pm
Things are not so clear cut . Like posters said in other thread - depending on which is the main factor in his first choice ( learning level, crowd, supervision, Rosh yeshiva , etc etc ) , other yeshivas on the list will vary!

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:19 pm
nechamala wrote:
Meaning?

Putting every yeshiva and type of boy in a box.

keym

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:50 pm
Line #1, I see that they're all high academic places. But Cohens is different, in that they have English, and it's a more balebatish crowd. (By Lakewood I assume you mean Mesivta of Lakewood). Meaning, rarely will you have someone who applies to all 5.

Line #2, Greenfield seems a bit out of place. Im not sure if it's as intense as the other places, slightly lower level, and also possibly a different crowd.
But I. Line #2, there can be overlap.

Line #3, I'm not sure if Sukeniks can actually do compared to anything else. Yes, some boys who apply to Perrs also apply to Sukeniks but....

Line #5. They're all somewhat similar level. But Peppers, I believe has English a d isn't the same crowd as Ungarishers and Krupenias.

marvinkay

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:58 pm
All these nuances besides learning level make it all the more complicated… and mesovta is kind of the boy’s trajectory, no?

So much easier with the girls school, with 200 in a grade dd will fit in anywhere!

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:20 pm
keym wrote:
Line #1, I see that they're all high academic places. But Cohens is different, in that they have English, and it's a more balebatish crowd. (By Lakewood I assume you mean Mesivta of Lakewood). Meaning, rarely will you have someone who applies to all 5.

Line #2, Greenfield seems a bit out of place. Im not sure if it's as intense as the other places, slightly lower level, and also possibly a different crowd.

Line #3, I'm not sure if Sukeniks can actually do compared to anything else. Yes, some boys who apply to Perrs also apply to Sukeniks but....

Line #5. They're all somewhat similar level. But Peppers, I believe has English a d isn't the same crowd as Ungarishers and Krupenias.

Peppers is not on the same level as Ungarischers and Krupenia, and is altogether a very different type of yeshiva, and I think Stern Klein is supposed to be a little lower than the other two.

keym

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:26 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
Peppers is not on the same level as Ungarischers and Krupenia, and is altogether a very different type of yeshiva, and I think Stern Klein is supposed to be a little lower than the other two.

I actually think it's Ungarishers, Stern Klein, then Krupenias level wise
But the particular grade makes a difference.

Also many places start on a lower level for 9th grade and then depending how the class works will decide to keep a lower level, or push higher.
So you'll have a Mesivta with a high 12th grade level, average 11th grade, very high 10th grade, and below average 9th.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:29 pm
What is Woodlake Yeshiva all about?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:00 pm
keym wrote:
I actually think it's Ungarishers, Stern Klein, then Krupenias level wise
But the particular grade makes a difference.

Also many places start on a lower level for 9th grade and then depending how the class works will decide to keep a lower level, or push higher.
So you'll have a Mesivta with a high 12th grade level, average 11th grade, very high 10th grade, and below average 9th.

Is this highest to lowest or lowest to highest?

Asking because one person said Ungarischers is too low of a level and another recommended Krupenia. Consistent or no?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:50 pm
What “type” is Sukenik? Im having a hard time finding out about it.

Also did anyone hear of a rabbi Spitz Yeshiva. I think it's a few years old and in Jackson?

amother
Narcissus

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:28 am
Anyone on here send to Pepper's?
What are the boys like?
What are the families like?

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 11:43 am
What is Krupenias like?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 1:04 pm
The problem with trying to group them to get a sense of what they are like is that different boys might apply to the mesivta for different reasons. For example, I went to BJJ. Some girls in BJJ also applied to Hadar. They were in BJJ because it's a top "yeshivish/frum" seminary. Some girls in BJJ also applied to michlala. They were in BJJ because it's a top academic seminary. No one would never apply to Hadar and michlala. They have absolutely nothing in common. I am completely new to the mesivta scene, but I am assuming it might be similar. My son's rebbe recommended brus and perr among others. You have those grouped separately, and the Rebbe didn't say anything about witty (who you put with brus) or sukenik (who you put with perr).

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:33 pm
Whats Woodlake and Hirth about? Clueless here.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:02 pm
The problem with this thread is that I'm guessing many of us are new to the mesivta game.
When we ask about specific ones, ppl don't answer, cuz they don't know

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:16 pm
keym wrote:

Can you clarify that? What does that mean?

keym

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:31 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Can you clarify that? What does that mean?

Simple.
Every boy who applies to Sukeniks, applies to 2-3 other places. Some apply to Perrs. Some to other places.
But not everyone who applies to Perrs will necessarily apply to Sukeniks
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries