Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Staining floors

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:17 pm
Is it safe to stay in the house when they are staining the floors? Last time we did this they told us to leave for 5 days. This guy is saying it’s fine we can stay.

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:33 pm
we stayed home while they did it, but the smell was really really awful, even with keeping windows open. it was quite terrible.
if I had to do it again, I would make sure to do it during nice weather when we can hang out outside most of the time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 6:44 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
we stayed home while they did it, but the smell was really really awful, even with keeping windows open. it was quite terrible.
if I had to do it again, I would make sure to do it during nice weather when we can hang out outside most of the time.

Thank you. How long was the smell really bad for? If it’s only the first floor did you smell it upstairs too?

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 8:07 pm
the main floor was really really bad, the upstairs I would say about half as bad Wink the whole business was about a week, and the residual smell was there for maybe 2-3 wks after.

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 12:28 am
We left on the days of actual staining. On those days the smell was terrible. We came home the day after the last day of staining. Was not terrible at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics