Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Northeast Philly

rachel0615

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 5:16 am
Hi! I am looking for information about the community in Northeast Philly, as well as info about Politz and PHDS.

Is the community friendly? Are new people reached out to? Are people looking to make new friends? Is it hard to get "accepted" and become a contributing part of the community?

Also looking for info on prices of houses and rentals.

Thank you!

rachel0615

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 3:04 pm
Bump

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 01 2024, 11:45 pm
It's a very accepting/easy to fit into community.
Politz is leaning towards more yeshivish these days in terms of Rabeim and bringing in morahs from Lakewood.
I don't know what house prices are now but I'm sure cheaper than most other frum places.
I grew up there, don't currently live there..

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:38 am
It’s A very kind and caring community.
The actual community is small and in a seedy area. The people are very nice and welcoming and extremely out of town type. I’d suggest you go for. A shabbos to check it out.
Good luck!

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 3:30 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
It’s A very kind and caring community.
The actual community is small and in a seedy area. The people are very nice and welcoming and extremely out of town type. I’d suggest you go for. A shabbos to check it out.
Good luck!

It's not small or seedy. There are a few shuls, and great people too.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 5:10 pm
shanie5 wrote:
It's not small or seedy. There are a few shuls, and great people too.

How similar is it to the City Line/Lower Merion community? Someone recommended that area to us recently but I"m not very familiar.

saralem

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 5:38 pm
It is totally nothing like Bala/City Ave area. Very different flavors! Different prices also for real estate. Housing in Northeast is cheap. Bala is pricey. Both great communities though.

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 6:04 pm
amother Azure wrote:
It's a very accepting/easy to fit into community.
Politz is leaning towards more yeshivish these days in terms of Rabeim and bringing in morahs from Lakewood.
I don't know what house prices are now but I'm sure cheaper than most other frum places.
I grew up there, don't currently live there..

How far is Politz from Lakewood?
Just took a look at their school video and it seems like a warm and down to earth community. Is that true?
And why do people live there? Mraning there instead of tristate area.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 7:06 pm
amother Maize wrote:
How far is Politz from Lakewood?
Just took a look at their school video and it seems like a warm and down to earth community. Is that true?
And why do people live there? Mraning there instead of tristate area.

About an hour from Lakewood.
Northeast has much more of an OOT feel than anywhere else I’ve been in the tristate area. Housing is also affordable but that’s partly because houses are older and small, most are semi attached high ranch style.

saralem

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 7:16 pm
Philly is a lovely city with many universities and medical centers. The OOT vibe is beautiful yet Lakewood and NY aren’t too far away. Lots to offer especially if you’re interested in living OOT. much less pressure, more relaxed and less distraction. Depends what you’re looking for.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:55 pm
I moved to the NE 2 1/2 years ago because it has a nice OOT community, affordable housing, and is close to NY. I love the community! It's very warm and welcoming.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 9:58 pm
I think I may be getting confused with my Phila communities- is the frum community in the NE in the same geographical area as the Russian / fiormer Soviet Jewishcommunity?

What zip codes would I search for the frum area?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 10:07 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
I think I may be getting confused with my Phila communities- is the frum community in the NE in the same geographical area as the Russian / fiormer Soviet Jewishcommunity?

What zip codes would I search for the frum area?

19111, you can look up beis medras harav and ahavas Torah to see the area.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 10:09 pm
The Russian community is the Far Northeast. The Northeast is a typical OOT frum community. They are around 10 minutes away from each other.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating