Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shout out to Imamother
1  2  3  Next

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 4:46 pm
What I gained in the past and present-

A diagnosis
A dr- recommended by Ima posters
Many amazing friends❤️
Recs like a place to get a gift in a different country
A Purim poem one year
A costume idea for a kid one year
Support (and probably some bad advice from some well meaning strangers after reading one sentence)
Other shopping and traveling recs

What about you????

bebrave

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:00 pm
I wasn't managing to do a hefsek for a few days, after searching imamother for solutions I tried the epsom salt in my bath which worked!
Thank you!

harriet

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:05 pm
I got Dr and other recommendations as well as recipes!
You may get more responses if this is another enabled

hodeez

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:09 pm
So many recipes

Highstrung

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:22 pm
Recipes

happyone

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:33 pm
Great thread!!

Einikel

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:34 pm
I learned to be grateful that I have good marriage overall. And a generally helpful husband bh!

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:43 pm
I learned about pandas 5 years ago on here.
Realized what I was experiencing with my child was exactly that.
My child is now doing wonderfully bh!!! Wheras before I was told that my child will not be able to attends a mainstream school and will likely be severe ASD special needs for the rest of her life.
I wish I can show you her for all this pandas bashing moms out there.
She's 10, is at the moment finishing up baking cookies all by herself cuz we were of it and it's her favorite school snack.... I thought this would never happen! She is happy, healthy, bright, well adjusted and appropriately social just like she was at 1, 2 and 3...

I also was greatly encouraged to try therapy. Which I did, ended up doing so for 4 years, was the best thing I could have done for myself and my family!!!

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:46 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
My child is now doing wonderfully bh!!! Wheras before I was told that my child will not be able to attends a mainstream school and will likely be severe ASD special needs for the rest of her life.
She's 10, is at the moment finishing up baking cookies all by herself cuz we were of it and it's her favorite school snack.... I thought this would never happen! She is happy, healthy, bright, well adjusted and appropriately social just like she was at 1, 2 and 3...

I also was greatly encouraged to try therapy. Which I did, ended up doing so for 4 years, was the best thing I could have done for myself and my family!!!
I'm "that poster" that always mentions pandas and gets all the eye rolls and worse. This post made me so happy.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:47 pm
My ob, thank you tweety1!

I learned to be thankful for so much good in my life bh!

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:52 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:

Starting this path.
What was the first thing you did? I don’t think my pediatrician is into this he treated for strep a couple of times and told me CBT for the anxiety

acemom

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:56 pm
Recipes galore!
Shopping links and recommendations
Helpful info about personal issues
Humor
Reality checks

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:58 pm
I learned that I am not alone in my suffering, and I am not crazy for being years in therapy…

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 5:59 pm
I found imamother when I was going thru a difficult pregnancy loss and thought that I was the only one dealing with such pain. It helped me cope and not feel alone.

I’ve also gained so much in terms of support in many subsequent stages of life- challenging pregnancies , difficulties with staining , practical advice in child rearing.

It opened my eyes to see that there is a world out there and whatever I felt I was struggling with quietly others were too

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 6:16 pm
I posted a letter I wrote to my father (but never sent) I was urged to join a private forum for children of abuse, thought that was crazy because I totally wasn’t abused I was just a really bad kid.
It changed my life, more than any therapist ever could. I owe this group of amazing women my life. Shoutout to all of you who are still on here!

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 6:18 pm
I learned that as unique and lonely as my challenges may seem, I'm never the only one. I would never know this from knowing people in real life.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 6:27 pm
amother Sand wrote:
I posted a letter I wrote to my father (but never sent) I was urged to join a private forum for children of abuse, thought that was crazy because I totally wasn’t abused I was just a really bad kid.
It changed my life, more than any therapist ever could. I owe this group of amazing women my life. Shoutout to all of you who are still on here!

Now, I am just like you. I know, logically, that I suffered from abuse but am holding on to the best known fact that I was just a really bad kid.

Maybe I should learn from your experience

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 6:31 pm
Two friends who ended up being my friends IRL, when we ended up moving to the same town.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 6:34 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
I'm "that poster" that always mentions pandas and gets all the eye rolls and worse. This post made me so happy.

Also got my pandas diagnosis from this site. Thank you hashem. A few years later we are bh muchhh better

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 6:36 pm
Intimacy and shalom bay is education
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics