Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Eretz Bereishit?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 5:02 pm
Coming to visit Israel and want to give the kids a good touring experience. I see so many good reviews about Eretz Bereishit but I'm wondering what the deal is from a frum perspective. Something about actors pretending to be the Avos rubs me the wrong way. Anyone gone and can comment? Also how does the pita baking work - is there a hechsher? Not getting much info from the site...

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 5:06 pm
When I was there about 5 years ago, they didn’t pretend to be the avos. The guide pretended to be Eliezer. I don’t know if things changed since. I found the camel back riding terrifying, just fyi. Was on the edge of a cliff and I seriously thought my camel would slip off the edge. Otherwise was a great experience!

#Happymom

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 5:23 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
When I was there about 5 years ago, they didn’t pretend to be the avos. The guide pretended to be Eliezer. I don’t know if things changed since. I found the camel back riding terrifying, just fyi. Was on the edge of a cliff and I seriously thought my camel would slip off the edge. Otherwise was a great experience!

The same!! Absolutely terrifying cancel ride.

And they were a little insulted that we didn't eat the pita.

I don't recall them pretending to be the avos.

But again, I went 5 years ago

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 5:27 pm
Ok maybe I got confused - it's just Eliezer then? lol
So what's the deal with the pitas - you can't eat them?

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 5:56 pm
Great place

Ask them about a hechsher, but I know the owner - it should be fine

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 6:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok maybe I got confused - it's just Eliezer then? lol
So what's the deal with the pitas - you can't eat them?

It’s possible they used to pretend to be the avos because I have a vague memory of my friend telling me that, but that was over five years ago… hopefully someone who went more recently can chime in. I believe they served pita and dried fruit. We ate them, but I guess everyone has to do what they’re comfortable with.. I’m sure you can email and ask any questions.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 6:12 pm
I went 10 years ago with my family to another similar place, but I can't recall the name. Frum place. We ate the pita.
We loved it. Children thru adults.

ETA Kfar Kedem
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions