Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
1 year old front facing car seat
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:55 pm
Is it super dangerous? Or is it ok?

justforfun87

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:56 pm
No it is not ok. It is illegal and harmful to the life of your child.

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:57 pm
Not safe and completely illegal (in US)

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 12:59 pm
I think there's a 50% higher chance of death in case of an accident. Why take the risk?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:02 pm
My child has been front facing since 1.5. She was too tall..... The recommendation is for as long as possible.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:02 pm
Why is it illegal? It's a regular car seat for his age just facing forward

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:03 pm
Not safe.. and illegal ..

Persevere

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:03 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
My child has been front facing since 1.5. She was too tall..... The recommendation is for as long as possible.

There are many rear facing car seats that accommodate tall kids.

Persevere

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why is it illegal? It's a regular car seat for his age just facing forward

It's illegal because statistically, there is a much higher chance of death/serious injury in an accident ch'v.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:07 pm
Thank you. I will change it iyh.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:09 pm
It is not illegal in every state, look up the law in yours.

amother
Moccasin

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:13 pm
Is it really illegal? I wish I could keep my 1 year old rear facing, but he’s really too tall. He’s literally in the 99th percentile. And yes, I’ve tried different car seats.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:13 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
It is not illegal in every state, look up the law in yours.

NY. I checked Google some places said it's recommended some places said required by law

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:15 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:

No such thing as too tall at a year. You can even rear face a 4 year old. There is no way she outgrew the limits.

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:17 pm
Let’s put it very simply. When a child’s spine isn’t developed enough they have a high chance of dying in a car accident forward facing. Every study says it’s too dangerous to forward face a child less than 2. Anyone who does it is putting their kid at risk which is completely against the Torah. So all of you go and change your car seats to rear facing.

MommyM

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
NY. I checked Google some places said it's recommended some places said required by law

In NY, it is legally required to be rear-facing until age 2. There are other states, which have not yet updated the laws according to the recommendations, but based on the research I did, in case of an accident, it can be dangerous for a baby under 2 to be forward facing.

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:23 pm
Most car seats say rear facing until 2 on the instructions. Most states changed the law the under 2 must rear face. A few didn’t and there is a heavy push to make it illegal because too many don’t care about the risk of actual death and would like to play with their babies lives. Thank god for advocates who do care about every single life.

But seriously there is no excuse. Absolutely none. No one should be forward facing under 2. Do the right thing and don’t have your kid end up dead because you knew better.

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:26 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
Is it really illegal? I wish I could keep my 1 year old rear facing, but he’s really too tall. He’s literally in the 99th percentile. And yes, I’ve tried different car seats.

Legs can bend and they are supposed to. He’s not too tall. My 60th percentile 3 year old was able to rear face there is no way he’s too tall. It’s not a thing. Tall means he exceeded the limits on the seat. Not because his legs look tall. He can put his feet up the back of the seat, or fold them, or hang over the sides or whatever he chooses. Every 1 year old fits rear facing.

amother
Navyblue

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:33 pm
My oldest rear faced until age 5 in 90th percentile for height. In the Graco extend2fit. My sil has the same story in the Clek (if you're fancy Smile

Now I've chilled out slightly since then, but please don't tell me your one yr old can't go rear facing...

amother
Maize

Post Fri, Feb 02 2024, 1:44 pm
amother OP wrote:

It's law in NY. Straight from the ny DMV website:
New York State law requires all motor vehicle passengers ages 8 and older to wear seat belts, regardless of seating position. Children under the age of 4 must ride in a car seat and children under the age of 2 must ride in a rear-facing car seat."
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics