Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Twins to king and vice versa. Anyone do this with niddah?

shemsheli123

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:04 pm
Hi. I am looking for advice on how to configure our bedroom.
I’ve been married for many years. We used to have two full beds, but when I went on the mirena IUD I stopped getting my period. After a couple years period free we switched to a king and all was great Smile We had more space in our bedroom and I liked the Feng shui of the bedroom much more too. I even decided to get our first headboard! Well, jokes on me! Never should’ve the headboard! Guess who starts getting her period again?!
Sorry of that was a TMI intro…
We are now thinking about replacing our king mattress, which rests on two twin box springs, With two twin mattresses. When we are allowed to sleep in the king bed, I was thinking about I would put one of those connectors that goes in the middle (Not including the strap that goes all the way around because I think it would be too involved) Then cover both mattresses, with king mattress pad and fitted sheet? would they hold together nicely? Sometimes those connectors don’t have good reviews but I wonder if people are covering them with a mattress pad and a fitted sheet over at
Also, in terms of blankets when we were off, I was thinking to just still use the king blanket, but only one of us will use it at night, and the other would use a Costco throw or something, so the kids won’t know what’s up and also because I would imagine the two blankets would be messy when the bed is made with the mattresses so close together. If anyone has any experience with this, I’d really appreciate it, because I really don’t want to go out and get rid of my king mattress, buy new mattresses and realize I made a big mistake.

Thank you in advance for your time! I’m feeling a little lost.

teachkids

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:10 pm
We did the two twins/king thing.
We found king mattress protector then the bridge piece and then the sheet worked best. But we were also told to have seperate bedframes and seperate the beds fully during niddha.

shemsheli123

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:19 pm
teachkids wrote:
We did the two twins/king thing.
We found king mattress protector then the bridge piece and then the sheet worked best. But we were also told to have seperate bedframes and seperate the beds fully during niddha.

Interesting that you put the bridge piece in between the mattress, protector and the sheet. I wouldn’t have thought to do that. I would have thought to put it before.

teachkids

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:41 pm
shemsheli123 wrote:
Interesting that you put the bridge piece in between the mattress, protector and the sheet. I wouldn’t have thought to do that. I would have thought to put it before.

We found if it was under the mattress pad it just sunk down between the two mattresses. The mattress pad held it in place.

shemsheli123

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 8:48 pm
Bump

teachkids

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 8:57 pm
Just double check how you hold about the two mattresses using the same bedframe/touching.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars