Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Car rental Florida - one way vs regular

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:23 am
TLDR: what's the best company to use and is there a big cost difference to return to a different airport?

Planning a short trip over a weekend for a simcha. The most affordable tickets have us leaving from a different airport than arriving (between MIA, FLL, PBI, all a reasonable drive from where we're going). I hear it can cost more to rent a car if you're returning it at a different location. Trying to figure out if the fees would outweigh whatever we save on the tickets (two adults and a lap baby) I'm looking up the options but in general I find things go best when I get advice from people who have btdt!

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:42 am
Why don’t you plug in your dates and details and see? This sort of thing really varies

amother
White

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:08 pm
The only way to see is to go to the websites and put in your info. Prices change daily, and yes typically it costs more to return to different locations. Most companies have fees for it, but you’ll have to see what quotes they give you to see what makes sense

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:03 pm
Car rental rates vary by the day so the only way to get an answer is to plug in your dates and see what the price is for that time. Takes barely a few minutes to put in the 2 options on priceline or any similar site.
Also adding that FLL car rental is attached to the airport, I can usually just walk to the terminal. In PBI you always have to take a shuttle which I find annoying with a baby. I haven't flown to MIA so I'm not sure how it works there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics