Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Pediatric Dentist - Jersey care

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 12:23 pm
Hi! Can anyone recommend a pediatric dentist in lakewood area that takes Jersey care?

I want to start bringing my kids (1 and 2) and I dont know where to start making calls.

TIA!

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:49 pm
Which insurance do you have?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 9:28 am
Amerigroup/Wellpoint

oneofakind

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 9:43 am
Be very careful. Jersey care dentists aren't paid much so they look for work to do. They do many X-rays which is cumulative in the body. They'll want to do work on baby teeth that will fall out - a filling on a front tooth in a 5/6 yr old.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 9:48 am
oneofakind wrote:
Be very careful. Jersey care dentists aren't paid much so they look for work to do. They do many X-rays which is cumulative in the body. They'll want to do work on baby teeth that will fall out - a filling on a front tooth in a 5/6 yr old.

That’s not true. I had jersey care and then got top private insurance. My dentist refused to take the private one. He says Jersey care pays triple what the private insurance pays.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 10:29 am
Dental insurance can be lousy too so it's not a fair comparison. Compare it to paying cash.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 10:32 am
We use Dr. Figdor. In the past we've used Lakewood Pediatric Dental. I don't believe that they are looking for work to do. I think kids in Lakewood have worse teeth because their rebbeim give out so much junk.
As for the tons and tons of x rays, believe it or not that is a requirement of the insurance company. That is what my dentist told me. We have UHCP, and apparently they require extra x rays simply for documentation purposes. They couldn't give a hoot about x ray exposure.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 10:32 am
oneofakind wrote:

I know about scammy dentist.. as children we would go to the dentist and come out with 7 cavities until we switched practices and magically... no more cavities!!

but thats why im asking for recommendations lol bec I can also google this info but I want to hear from people who are happy

oneofakind

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 10:46 am
Do they even use digital X-ray that supposedly uses less radiation?

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 10:55 am
Yes they do (which also has giant mouthpieces!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries