Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Curious how to get started in apparel design..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 2:16 pm
I would love to start my own clothing line. I know its probably a ton of work, so I'm curious if anyone has done it here and could give me some advice on how to get started - and if there are any online courses, that would be great too.

My motivation behind this is because I personally don't like the clothing on the market now Smile

I'm looking to create classic, timeless pieces that can appeal to the frum market as a whole, including those who prefer a more simple, sophisticated, modest look.

Pls pm me if you have experience with this and know how to get started.

TIA!

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 2:20 pm
Just curious, what are you going to offer that isn’t already available?
You need a special niche product.
Also, classic pieces are a lot more money than fast fashion. How would you build up clientele?
Impact fashion has a podcast be impactful and has had a lot of really good conversations about this topic.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 3:19 am
I had a particular product in mind. I contacted factories in China, it was a long time ago but I think I found one through Alibaba. I described the product I wanted and had them send me samples. When approved, I ordered and sent samples to stores. I started receiving orders, but then I got too busy with other things and shut down the operation.

Today I imagine there are better ways to do this. For sure going to school will help. But you can download design software and do online courses to learn if you want to do the design. You may have to visit Asia in person if you run a large operation. You'll also need a lot of seed money to get started.

essie14

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 5:31 am
Rivky itzkowitz from Impact Fashion has a ton of podcast episodes about how she did this. Her podcast is called Be Impactful. It's on all podcast platforms.

amother
White

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:45 am
Hatzlacha in whatever you do. No advice just a suggestion to use good fabrics. Not the cheap polyester that I see all over.

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 8:51 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
Just curious, what are you going to offer that isn’t already available?
You need a special niche product.
Also, classic pieces are a lot more money than fast fashion. How would you build up clientele?
Impact fashion has a podcast be impactful and has had a lot of really good conversations about this topic.

I disagree with most of your post. The Tznius clothing market is far from enough. There’s lots of room for more. Our communities are growing and so should the selection of fashion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics