Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Grunting

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 4:48 pm
Anyone know why my baby grunts for a really long time when I put him in his bassinet. He squirms and looks uncomfortable and keeps grunting. It happens a few times a night after I put him in. He’s 2 months

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 4:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone know why my baby grunts for a really long time when I put him in his bassinet. He squirms and looks uncomfortable and keeps grunting. It happens a few times a night after I put him in. He’s 2 months

Totally normal. Sometimes I thought I had a full on piggy next to me and it was really hard to fall asleep. Pretty much gone now at 4 months.

44now

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 5:18 pm
I had it with my baby when he was newborn in the hospital. The nurse suggested doing some skin to skin. It really worked! He's older now, and I've done it several times since and it really helps.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 5:47 pm
Putting them on their stomach helps the tongue fall forward and opens the airway.

Check for tongue tie.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 6:22 pm
I think it's discomfort from gas or reflux. I try to be careful about burping after feeds and hold upright for a while after.

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:17 pm
My infant had that. Turns out he was sensitive to milk. When I stopped drinking cows milk he stopped grunting. Are you nursing or is the baby drinking milk based formula?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:30 pm
My pediatrician said it's totally normal. It's a pretty short stage IME.

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:32 pm
The pediatrician said it's normal, but it's oh so annoying!! My baby did it for hours at night & I couldn't sleep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics