Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
If you have teens ...
1  2  Next

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 6:17 pm
... good sign to put on your fridge

ATTENTION KIDS:

are you tired of listening to your stupid parents ?????? If so ...

MOVE OUT and get a job while you still know everything !!!!!!

Twisted Evil Nervous Twisted Evil Nervous

mumoo

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 6:20 pm
so Green, anything special happen today?

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 6:22 pm
no - not particularly today ...

mumoo

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 6:37 pm
maybe your non-working lumps can get together with my sleep-all day lumps and have a party

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 6:39 pm
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

yo'ma

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 6:48 pm
My 5 year old keeps asking for money, I tell him to get a job!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 6:51 pm
oh and they sleep all day too - you know what that means ... up all night ... and I'm a light sleeper Twisted Evil Shooting Arrow

p.s. something did happen yesterday ... dd decided to clean the oven close to when the fast was over and wouldn't let me make an egg ... I'm like whose house is this anyways ... fine I'll fast another day ... Twisted Evil but then the hunger came over me and I started to cry ... I did say thank you for cleaning the oven ... don't ask What Puke

grin

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 7:01 pm
greenfire wrote:
... good sign to put on your fridge

ATTENTION KIDS:

are you tired of listening to your stupid parents ?????? If so ...

MOVE OUT and get a job while you still know everything !!!!!!

really good!!

(or how about the ones who have a job and still live at home, or the ones who have a job and have moved in with friends, and are miffed that I think they're old enough and have enough spare change, not raising a family yet, to be self-reliant enough to pay their own kupat cholim costs, besides the toys they buy for themselves.)

so sorry you had to go thru that after the taanis.

(Mine stood over me criticizing me and my cooking non-stop after having made a soup which she didn't car for and continued while I was in the process of making more food for myself!!)

chavamom

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 7:13 pm
mumoo wrote:
maybe your non-working lumps can get together with my sleep-all day lumps and have a party

Wow! I thought only *I* was "zocha" to "sleep-all-day lumps". Maybe we should have career planning for all of them - about 3 AM when they are finally awake.

mumoo

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 7:31 pm
chavamom wrote:
mumoo wrote:

Wow! I thought only *I* was "zocha" to "sleep-all-day lumps". Maybe we should have career planning for all of them - about 3 AM when they are finally awake.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Of course they wake up at 3, they have to eat

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 8:15 pm
mumoo wrote:
chavamom wrote:
mumoo wrote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Of course they wake up at 3, they have to eat

and they are never up to dinner at dinnertime but still breakfasting ...

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 8:20 pm
grin wrote:

really good!!

so sorry you had to go thru that after the taanis.

(Mine stood over me criticizing me and my cooking non-stop after having made a soup which she didn't car for and continued while I was in the process of making more food for myself!!)

I didn't make this up although I cannot remember where I saw it ... but I typed it up & used to have it on the fridge and merely dug up the sign ...

next time tell you dd to make her own food ...

Cdlf

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 8:50 pm
I miss my teenagers!! They are both in camp for the past 6 weeks and 2 more weeks to go!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 7:14 am
Yes, almost ALL teens and young adults stay up late and sleep all day/very late. I did it until very recently, when I just HAD to stop because there was a baby to take care of. Or when I needed to go to university.

They'll change when they get a job, go to university or have to, for any reason. Don't worry, and not worth the fight imho.

grin

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 12:45 pm
greenfire wrote:
next time tell you dd to make her own food ...

I'm enlarging this part since you seemed to have missed it:
Mine stood over me criticizing me and my cooking non-stop after having made a soup which she didn't care for and continued while I was in the process of making more food for myself!!

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 2:28 pm
ruchel almost all and ALL are not the same ... and no not every teen does ... I know I rarely did ...

so grin ... who made the soup?

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 2:47 pm
I am a bad mother. I don't permit that kind of sleeping in.

grin

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 2:55 pm
Tamiri - you get the Imamother of the year award!

(The soup was made already by then; it was the rice patties she complained about. I agree with her that I didn't make them properly but what's it her business!)

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 3:13 pm
I will take the award, but do you really let the kids stay in bed so late? What about minyan? I also don't let them stay out late, unless it was for Mishmar Ezrahi. Am I doing something wrong?

grin

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 3:16 pm
I agree with you on those points, but mine are girls and they're staying up inside. They manage to daven shachris by chatzos and say their chitas and mincha by sunset, they're housecleaning and shopping - what more should I expect from them during vacation?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children