Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Talking to G-D
1  2  Next

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 7:17 pm
Do you talk to Hashem, do you have private conversations and make bargains with Hashem? You know what I do and I am proud of it too! I believe everything, everything in this world happens for a reason, don't always agree Hashem but you're right ... who am I?
"Hashem I know you must have a great reason, but I am human I am trying the best little me can and I am willing to do something more, but Hashem I want/need this so badly... why I can even do more of your wishes if only.... you will grant me this one wish"....
This you can say whilst excercising, cooking, cleaning, at anytime and pour out your heart in whatever language comes best to you!
And yes, Hashem is listening who knows maybe, we need to plead more, bargain more, and we can still change our Father in Heaven No to a YES Exclamation
It has happened before and will happen again... This I believe

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 9:13 pm
I do ... sometimes in my head, sometimes out loud, also about more trivial things, not just big things

nice idea for a thread

miriam

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 9:25 pm
Oh, I have made so many deals with Hakodesh Baruch Hu. He usually comes through Very Happy LOL I guess I talk to Him a lot b/c my three year old tells me, I don't have to do that b/c Hashem says I don't have to.

Ozmom

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 9:28 pm
I do that, I have conversations with Hashem, especially when I'm down or really stressed.

I talk to myself too, but it doesn't help because I just don't listen, its soooo frustrating.

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 9:38 pm
Quote:
I talk to myself too, but it doesn't help because I just don't listen

gotta work on improving your relationship with yourself and polish those communication skills Very Happy

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 9:48 pm
Ozmom
Quote:
I talk to myself too, but it doesn't help because I just don't listen

Atleast you don't answer back! Wink

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 9:50 pm
Miriam
Quote:
I don't have to do that b/c Hashem says I don't have to.

Thats cute... from a 3yr old I mean Wink

CS

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 10:52 pm
I am really bad at formal davening, but I do talk to Hashem all day long. Sometimes it's just to thank Him for a parking spot, sometimes more substantial. It's a very comforting feeling to be able to talk to G-d whenever I need to.

The funny thing is, that before I was religious, and before I really believed in G-d, I used to also talk to "G-d" too. I made deals all the time (I probably didn't keep most of them though). Whenever someone says they don't believe in G-d, I ask them if they ever talk to a higher being, and you'd be surprised, how many say YES.

zuncompany

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 11:10 pm
CS... why do you keep taking the words right out of my mouth.

Sara

CS

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 11:45 pm
Great minds think alike

CS

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 11:46 pm
or is it "fools never differ"

sarahd

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 4:06 pm
Watch out with making deals with Hashem. Someone once told me that she tried making a deal with Hashem in which she said she's willing to give up on something very important to her if Hashem will give someone else something that person desperately wanted. The thing she was willing to give up was taken away from her, but the other person did not get what she wanted. My friend said she learned from there not to make bargains with Hashem.

My husband did tell me, though, once when I was having irrational fears about something that a way to get rid of the fears is to accept something extra upon yourself and when the fears arise to tell Hashem, "I accepted such and so to improve myself; please help me get rid of these irrational fears." I tried it and it works...at least as long as I remember to do what I accepted upon myself.

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 4:35 pm
Quote:
Watch out with making deals with Hashem. Someone once told me that she tried making a deal with Hashem in which she said she's willing to give up on something very important to her if Hashem will give someone else something that person desperately wanted

I don't talk about that deal, never occured to me to, but I do ask "I will try to do more, please can you also do more....... "
Also I guess we have to sometimes becareful what we wish for!

rydys

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 9:04 pm
One of the reasons I heard why women aren't mechuyav in tefila 3x a day is precisely this--because women by nature are in touch with Hashem constantly, while men need to be "remineded" to stop and think about Him.

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 9:38 pm
Women were created as close to Hashem 's will as possible thats why we say "sheasni kirtzonoh" we are made according to the way hashem wanted us to be, we come closest to Hashem to being able to create/carry a baby for 9 months . we are more connected to hashem.and we can talk to Him whenever we please, but how much more so at the time of our specail mitzvahs: Challah, Neiros and Mikvah. During those times I try to connect and ask Hashem for all I need.

micki

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 10:55 pm
I begged Hashem, I had lots of conversations to PLEASE not let it rain the day of my sons upshern. I wanted it outsdie, and rain was bad.... it was hurricane charlie time, and I remember sayng that for Hashem its not a big deal, but for me it is. I know its petty and all that. but I said that it could rain after 5. well- as people were coming in from NY they said it was pouring, and 20 miles out of our town it was sunny. it rained at 5:30 that day.

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Nov 25 2004, 12:43 am
Very Happy
this is a beautiful thred

When I talk to H', I know He listens to ever word I say, and that he really hears me. I know that if I don't have the right word to express my feelings, He knows what's in my heart.....

we're very lucky to have such Listener!!!

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 10:16 pm
So how many times do u speak or reflect on Hashem his creation and all. Without formal davening learning etc. Just btw you and G-D. Me well I try to atleast once aday after or even b/4 tefillohs, davening, infact usually at night when it's quieter..
Sometimes I feel more connected then other days. Sad Does that happen to u too.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 1:16 pm
Most intense conversation I ever had with G-d was when I was in the emergency room following a near-poisoning. They had me stuck in a little cubicle by myself and wouldn't allow anyone to be with me. It was very scary for a whole lot of reasons, the isolation being only a part of it. So I just said "OK, G-d, it's just You and me in here, please help me because You're the only one who can."

I don't talk to G-d every day necessarily, but I try to at least say "thank you" for something as often as I think of it.

I was taught to be very careful about asking for specific things, so I tend to make very general requests, most often along the lines of "let everything work out well." I started doing this after hearing tell of a bocher who stood at the kosel begging to be allowed to marry a certain girl. A year later he stood at the same spot begging to be released from marriage to the same girl. Was the story true? who knows? but I got the point.

ruth

Post Fri, Jan 06 2006, 3:09 am
[/quote][My husband did tell me, though, once when I was having irrational fears about something that a way to get rid of the fears is to accept something extra upon yourself [quote]

what are some good things to take on? (something resonably doable, yet contains enough meseret nefesh?)

Does this become a neder?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics