Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Need help adjusting brightness

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:59 am
on a new laptop.

windows 10

the f2 and f3 keys are not doing anything,

and when clicking on settings, system, display it only gives me night light
no adjustment for brightness.

my screen is so dull.

jflower

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:21 am
On my dell laptop, shift & f2/f3 adjust the volume, not the brightness of the display. I use shift and f12 to make it brighter, shift and f11 to reduce brightness.

Also, you can try going to settings and then do a search for brightness. On my laptop in the display section the first item is 'brightness and color'. There's a slider that you can use to adjust the brightness.

Let me know if this works. Good luck.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:23 am
My laptop has fn + f6 or f7 for brightness. Google your laptop model and screen brightness and it will probably tell you what to push.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:24 am
jflower wrote:
On my dell laptop, shift & f2/f3 adjust the volume, not the brightness of the display. I use shift and f12 to make it brighter, shift and f11 to reduce brightness.

Also, you can try going to settings and then do a search for brightness. On my laptop in the display section the first item is 'brightness and color'. There's a slider that you can use to adjust the brightness.

Let me know if this works. Good luck.

I have a hp.

the brightness on the actual keyboard doesnt do anything when pressing it - not darker or brighter.

and there is no colour and brightness with slider - only night light.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:28 am
amother Mustard wrote:
My laptop has fn + f6 or f7 for brightness. Google your laptop model and screen brightness and it will probably tell you what to push.

I know what to push.

it worked till now but when I tried making even brighter I went to display and tried making even brighter and I adjusted some settings and now it doesnt go brighter or dimmer on the actual keyboard - the correct buttons.

and there is no slider for colour and brightness. I tried to adjust other settings to see if it will work but didnt get anywhere and now its worse.

dont know what I have done.

jflower

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:32 am
amother OP wrote:
I have a hp.

the brightness on the actual keyboard doesnt do anything when pressing it - not darker or brighter.

and there is no colour and brightness with slider - only night light.

Did you try holding down the shift key at the same time as the brightness key? If you need additional help, call HP.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:36 am
jflower wrote:
Did you try holding down the shift key at the same time as the brightness key? If you need additional help, call HP.

good idea. I will call hp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics