Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Impossible kid

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 4:52 pm
He’s showing his tush to his siblings and he’s touching his hands on the wall on purpose leaving grease spots that don’t come off.

I’m so so angry. He’s 6. Please help

We worked with a therapist and the only answer was to keep him busy. But we are in between dinner and after school lesson right now. I can’t occupy him 24/7. I am furious and out of control right now and need help and advice please

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 4:53 pm
Did you have him evaluated by a neuropsych?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 4:55 pm
Forgive me if you tried this already, but the first step with a kid with attention seeking behaviors is to give them more positive attention. Did you try 10 minutes a day of focused attention, no phone, no interruptions?

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 4:59 pm
I have 3 boys with ADHD its an experience. You should have seen my walls before I painted. My go to when the behavior starts to deteriorate is to take them outside. My 7 year old has what he calls a full bucket of energy and will run circles on the lawn just to blow off steam.

I also learned from a social worker HALT: Hungry Angry Lonely Tired. When my kids are getting really wacky it is always always one of the 4 categories.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 5:04 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have 3 boys with ADHD its an experience. You should have seen my walls before I painted. My go to when the behavior starts to deteriorate is to take them outside. My 7 year old has what he calls a full bucket of energy and will run circles on the lawn just to blow off

I also learned from a social worker HALT: Hungry Angry Lonely Tired. When my kids are getting really wacky it is always always one of the 4 categories.

He doesn’t want to go outside. I wish
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics