Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Are you ready for Moshiach?
1  2  3  4  Next

Are you ready for Moshiach?
Yes!!🙌 Ani Maamin  
 58%  [ 65 ]
Almost ready (doing teshuva like everyone else)  
 9%  [ 10 ]
Scared of the unknown and need to do teshuva  
 32%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 111

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 8:53 am
If you knew moshiach was coming today - What would you be doing?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:26 am
Omg halevai!

I am so desperate that its getting unbearable.

If I heard that he came, the first thing I would do is secure flights to Israel.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:28 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
Omg halevai!

I am so desperate that its getting unbearable.

If I heard that he came, the first thing I would do is secure flights to Israel.

If he came you wouldn’t have to worry about that. Hashem will have his ways to make sure everyone gets there

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:29 am
amother OP wrote:
If you knew moshiach was coming today - how would your day look?

Do you mean what would it be like once he comes?

Or what would I do differently if I knew he was coming today?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:36 am
amother Blush wrote:
Do you mean what would it be like once he comes?

Or what would I do differently if I knew he was coming today?

If you knew he was coming today in a few minutes? How would your day look

essie14

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:44 am
I live in Israel so I guess all I would have to do is get dressed.

hcrbg

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:52 am
I would have ally my kids and my husband ready in our Shabbos Best!!! Imir tz’Hashem very soon Moshaich will come.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:54 am
What does "being ready" mean?

If it means times up and I will get judged on all my deeds I've ever done to determine if I'm worthy for the geula or not, then no, I'm not ready.

Op, are you ready to be judged today? If not, how are you ready for the geula?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:58 am
Call me a heretic. I don't envision a scenario where Mashiach just arrives out of nowhere and redeems the Jewish people in one day. Mashiach is a process, and we will probably only truly recognize that he's come once he's already here.

In any case, let's imagine it your way and he announces himself today, magically ends all wars and brings the beit hamikdash down from shamayim. I still don't really see how that immediately changes my daily routine. Lots of sheilot regarding tuma and tahara come to mind. I have a feeling that would take some time for everyone to sort out

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:02 am
amother Bisque wrote:
What does "being ready" mean?

If it means times up and I will get judged on all my deeds I've ever done to determine if I'm worthy for the geula or not, then no, I'm not ready.

Op, are you ready to be judged today? If not, how are you ready for the geula?

I’m ready for Moshiach to come and bring shalom , yeshuos, everything we need right now and have always been davening for.
We try our hardest to be good yidden that’s our job to do our personal rectification/ tikkun in this world that’s why we’re here in this world.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:08 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m ready for Moshiach to come and bring shalom , yeshuos, everything we need right now and have always been davening for.
We try our hardest to be good yidden that’s our job to do our personal rectification/ tikkun in this world that’s why we’re here in this world.

But right now do you feel ready to be judged on all your deeds?

80% of the yiddin in metzrayim didn't make it out. So if we'd have posed the question 3500 years ago to the Jews in Egypt, the real answer for 80% should have been, no, we are not ready and still need more time.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:11 am
80 percent of Jews aren’t frum, so no- you are doing mighty alright with your mitzvos. Hashem is your father he isn’t trying to punish you.
What we know is when mashiach comes it will be good.
ENOUGH with this ‘we will be judged’ etc.
We want mashiach bc hashem wants us closer to him. Hashem wants us there. He’s not trying to kill us for goodness sake.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:37 am
Double post

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:56 am
If 80% of the yidden in mitzrayim didn’t make it then I give up. Even my best tshuva won’t get me to their level.

Honestly I’m so done with believing the way we were taught with all the fear and what not. I’m human and I do some things wrong and some right and that is where I’m at now.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:58 am
amother Peach wrote:
80 percent of Jews aren’t frum, so no- you are doing mighty alright with your mitzvos. Hashem is your father he isn’t trying to punish you.
What we know is when mashiach comes it will be good.
ENOUGH with this ‘we will be judged’ etc.
We want mashiach bc hashem wants us closer to him. Hashem wants us there. He’s not trying to kill us for goodness sake.

I very much want to accept this but the truth is that in the torah hashem talks about reward and punishment all the time. I don't see how we can ignore this and say "it will be good".

And I don't understand how you say so matter of factly that he's not trying to kill us. We don't understand the ways of hashem. But throughout history hashem has allowed many yiddin to be killed (while always saving us as a nation). Most recently with October 7.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:01 am
I’m really not of that school of thought. It has made my life more connecting to think Hashem doesn’t want to kill us, understands and sees my challenges, and loves me no matter what.

And look around. The people that were holy and better than me weren’t spared. So I’m living my life trying to do the right thing most of the time.

MommyM

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:20 pm
amother Holly wrote:
If 80% of the yidden in mitzrayim didn’t make it then I give up. Even my best tshuva won’t get me to their level.

Honestly I’m so done with believing the way we were taught with all the fear and what not. I’m human and I do some things wrong and some right and that is where I’m at now.

The difference between Moshiach and the previous redemption is that it won't be based on merit. Every Jew will be redeemed. Teshuva and doing Mitzvos help bring us closer to Hashem and bring Moshiach faster, but I don't think we're going to immediately be judged for our wrongdoings.

Goldengoose

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:22 pm
I would run to collect my kids from school and dress them in their finest. I would change into shabbos/YT clothes and wig.

If necessary, I'd go exactly as I am right this second. I'll take it anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

MommyM

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:27 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
I very much want to accept this but the truth is that in the torah hashem talks about reward and punishment all the time. I don't see how we can ignore this and say "it will be good".

And I don't understand how you say so matter of factly that he's not trying to kill us. We don't understand the ways of hashem. But throughout history hashem has allowed many yiddin to be killed (while always saving us as a nation). Most recently with October 7.

Yes, there is reward and punishment, but Hashem doesn't want to punish us. Hashem even gives us the opportunity to do teshuva to erase our wrongs and come closer to Him.

Right now, we are living in a world of Galus, and yes, Hashem does allow Yidden to be killed. We don't understand Hashem's Master Plan, but at the time of Moshiach, there will be no more death for the Yidden because Moshiach is the purpose of Creation and will be revealed good for all Yidden.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:03 pm
I’m ready, eventhough I still have a lot of teshuva to do.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics