Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Is it considered healthy?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:20 pm
Were a family of picky eaters. I make Simple supper every day what everyone likes. It's cutlets came sliced potatoes in betty Crocker with lots of oil daily and cooked chicken alternating days. I was just made aware that for myself for health reasons I shouldn't fry my food as it's not good for me. While I'm trying to find alternatives for myself I'm wondering was I living in a bubble when I always thought I'm serving healthy suppers? Is it bad and how bad is it really?

Cheiny

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Were a family of picky eaters. I make Simple supper every day what everyone likes. It's cutlets came sliced potatoes in betty Crocker with lots of oil daily and cooked chicken alternating days. I was just made aware that for myself for health reasons I shouldn't fry my food as it's not good for me. While I'm trying to find alternatives for myself I'm wondering was I living in a bubble when I always thought I'm serving healthy suppers? Is it bad and how bad is it really?

Frying in oil is generally not healthy but you can use olive oil or another healthy oil. It is fattening nevertheless. You can use Pam instead.

flmommy

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:29 pm
Any vegetables? I would work on adding a vegetable side and trying to use less oil. Maybe baking the chicken. I consider chicken and potatoes healthy foods. If cholesterol or weight is an issue then yes need to cut back on oil. Good luck.

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:31 pm
How much oil are you using? I think its a spectrum, some are good for you and some are really not. Like olive and avocado are healthier fats which are good for us the oils that are called seed oils like canola, are not so great for us. I don't think they will kill you like some people on the internet will tell you but I try to avoid when possible.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:49 pm
I’m sorry but how is it possible that you didn’t know fried food (every day!) isn’t healthy?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:14 pm
Well what are you frying in? Extra virgin olive oil or avacado oil is perfectly healthy. If you're trying to lose weight, that's a whole other story. But yeah, vegetable oil is extremely unhealthy.

Simple1

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:28 pm
Olive oil becomes unhealthy when cooked in high heat like frying. Rather use avocado oil. Good oils are healthy, but you shouldn’t have too much of it. But I don’t understand if you’re using a Betty Crocker, that’s not frying and you shouldn’t need too much oil for that.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:42 pm
I used to think it's not frying cause it's in betty Crocker but in order for my picky eaters to like and eat it including myself I add enough oil for it not to be dry. So is that considered regular frying? And I recently switched to olive oil is that totally okay?

essie14

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 10:19 pm
Why don't you layer potatoes and sweet potatoes in a pan, spray with a bit of pam and season. Then put chicken on top. Season.
Bake uncovered for 90 min at 180F (chicken on the bone)
This is much healthier than frying.

You can also make chicken in the crockpot with no oil.

You should not use olive oil for frying.

imaima

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 10:45 pm
amother OP wrote:

It’s bad for everyone
Bake/roast instead

liz3210

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 2:38 pm
amother OP wrote:

why dont you just get a air fryer , you can make so many good simple recepies in a air fryer and use little oil . you can make the same simple supper you reguly make but in the air fryer instead of deep oil frying . plus change the oil you use to healthier oils like olive or avokado oil or spray .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise