Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Morah's would this annoy you? Phone, one off.
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 4:43 pm
I'm a playgroup morah, I'm never ever on the phone when I'm working obviously, except for a one off important, quick phone call (which is never really) except today just by pick up time my pharmacist has to call just then about one of my medications. Happens to be that this mother always comes at least 10 minutes after the official finishing time (pre arranged so it's fine, she works and gets to me as quick as she can) I got this call when I had 3 kids left still. I was watching them, and they were being really good waiting to be fetched. I said bye to them, and whispered sorry.
This mother isn't upset, but I find it weird that she text me this evening asking me if her child was okay today. So I said sure she was happy like usual, why shouldn't she be? Was she extra tired? I also apologised for being on the phone when she came to fetch (first time this year, and it really doesn't happen) she replied no I just wanted to know because I didn't manage to ask you. I mean, can she not just leave it one day without asking?? If there were any problems we would've told her. Just leave me alone in the evening, it was a long morning with the children, I need some down time. And I'll see you tomorrow.
What do you think of her texting me?
The truth is I wanted to text her after my phone call that I'm sorry I was on the phone but I got sidetracked and forgot.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:00 pm
I think it’s fine you were on the phone this one time but I also think it’s fine that she wanted to ask you how her child was. Why can’t she ask every day?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:03 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
I think it’s fine you were on the phone this one time but I also think it’s fine that she wanted to ask you how her child was. Why can’t she ask every day?

I agree.
I want to know how my kid is doing every day.
See nothing wrong with that

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:06 pm
amother Salmon wrote:

Totally fine to ask me by pick up how her kids was that day but to text me and disturb my evening , after being unavailable to chat just once got me annoyed.

married1234

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:07 pm
It was a one time thing for her just like it was for you.
She asks how her child is every day, and she usually doesn’t text you after hours (I’m assuming?), but the one time you were busy was the one time that she messaged you after your regular hours.
You had something important and I’m sure she understood, but this was important for her as well!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:12 pm
married1234 wrote:
She asks how her child is every day, and she usually doesn’t text you after hours (I’m assuming?), but the one time you were busy was the one time that she messaged you after your regular hours.
You had something important and I’m sure she understood, but this was important for her as well!

She could've just left it for tomorrow, it's not urgent! Also it was my morning off today and she knows that! I'm literally with the kids for the first 10 mins (if that) and the last few minutes (which I happened to be on the phone in this case)

monseymom25

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:12 pm
Just like your phone call was a one time thing her call was a one time thing. Morah’s do expect to have to communicate with parents occasionally.

married1234

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
She could've just left it for tomorrow, it's not urgent! Also it was my morning off today and she knows that! I'm literally with the kids for the first 10 mins (if that) and the last few minutes (which I happened to be on the phone in this case)

Let’s imagine that she was Dan lkaf zchus for you, it might have bothered her to see you on your phone.
Be her Dan lkaf zchus too. She might’ve had a difficult night with her child, or something happened at home and she was worried. And it was urgent for her.
I obviously don’t know her side of the story, and I can for sure see why that was super frustrating for you.
But if this was a one time thing for you, it’s not so crazy to see why she would reach out to you. If she doesn’t generally message you outside of your working hours, I would try to let it go

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:17 pm
It just rubbed me up the wrong way because if there was an issue today then I would've definitely text her after the call or later in the day. My assistant didn't say anything was up so I assumed all was fine, which it was.
What's the point in asking me? When she asks me on my day off , I say I think she was ok, I didn't do it today, Esther did. So why did she have to text me for that? She's knows I take off Wednesdays.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:20 pm
married1234 wrote:
Let’s imagine that she was Dan lkaf zchus for you, it might have bothered her to see you on your phone.
Be her Dan lkaf zchus too. She might’ve had a difficult night with her child, or something happened at home and she was worried. And it was urgent for her.
I obviously don’t know her side of the story, and I can for sure see why that was super frustrating for you.
But if this was a one time thing for you, it’s not so crazy to see why she would reach out to you. If she doesn’t generally message you outside of your working hours, I would try to let it go

She heard me, and knew it was important. I'm very open about my autoimmune diagnosis which was very recent, and is for life.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:24 pm
married1234 wrote:

She said nothing was wrong with her , she just wanted to check in with me. Sorry but she could've waited for tomorrow. If she's happy and fine when she fetched her, and she was her usual self for the rest of the day she should've just let it go one day .

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:26 pm
Honestly this thread is weird. You are harping over a parent texting you .... That's normal. Dd teacher was also on the phone by pickup today. She hung up and apologized and said her husband had a break now at work and she needed to speak to him. I was ok anyways. There is no reason she can't ask you how her child was....it's not ruining your night. If it is you have bigger issues....

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:28 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Honestly this thread is weird. You are harping over a parent texting you .... That's normal. Dd teacher was also on the phone by pickup today. She hung up and apologized and said her husband had a break now at work and she needed to speak to him. I was ok anyways. There is no reason she can't ask you how her child was....it's not ruining your night. If it is you have bigger issues....

It made me feel guilty that I was on the phone by pick up as a one off and she comes the last to fetch every day, and I don't charge her more for it. Just saying that she could've let it go! This once....

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:29 pm
Why do you think she cared about the phone? I think you're mind reading. She most likely just wanted to know how her child's day went, that's all.

1ofbillions

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:36 pm
She said she’s not upset about you being on the phone so I don’t know why you think she is. She just wanted to know how her kid was.

You’re blowing this out of proportion. Nothing bad happened, you just had a normal interaction with her. Move on with your night.

I’m so sorry about your recent diagnosis. It makes sense that you’re easily irritated and on edge being that the bad news is still so fresh.

lilytee

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:41 pm
You’re projecting your guilt about being on the phone but honestly it’s ok if it doesn’t happen often.

As for the text, why do you feel the need to reply right away? Would you have preferred a phone call over a text? A mother is allowed to ask about her child daily.

zaq

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:41 pm
married1234 wrote:

Emphasis on the bolded. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:44 pm
lilytee wrote:
You’re projecting your guilt about being on the phone but honestly it’s ok if it doesn’t happen often.

As for the text, why do you feel the need to reply right away? Would you have preferred a phone call over a text? A mother is allowed to ask about her child daily.

No definitely not a phone call. Yes I should've just ignored the text, and spoke to her face to face in the morning. It just wasn't necessary for her to bother me out of work hours when it really wasn't important.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:45 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
She said she’s not upset about you being on the phone so I don’t know why you think she is. She just wanted to know how her kid was.

You’re blowing this out of proportion. Nothing bad happened, you just had a normal interaction with her. Move on with your night.

I’m so sorry about your recent diagnosis. It makes sense that you’re easily irritated and on edge being that the bad news is still so fresh.

Thanks but it's nothing to do with my diagnosis, besides for the phone call obviously Wink

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 5:46 pm
It’s ok you did nothing wrong you don’t have to feel so guilty for taking the phone call!!!
When you feel confident about yourself it’s easier to get less irritated from other people.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics