Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Down Syndrome

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 8:23 am
Hello,
I remember hearing a Satmar man speaking about Down Syndrome when I was in seminary (40 years ago?) talking about keeping your DS baby at home instead of giving him/her away. He had a baby wth DS and went against everything that had been done up until then and he was going around convincing people to do the same if they could. I wonder if anyone remembers who this man was?

Also, what is the original story about the Rebbe who stood up for children with DS?

Thank you for any help!

happyone

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 8:35 am
Hes not chassidish , but rabbi boruch Rabinowitz is a huge advocate of supporting families keeping a child home. He speaks publicly about it and would gladly talk to families privately . Pm me for contact if you need.

Goldie1964

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 8:47 am
Was Boruch Rabinowitz around in the early 80's?

thriver

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 9:12 am
I have a feeling OP is talking about someone else. R’ Boruch Rabinowitz is a big promoter but it’s highly unlikely that he was going around to a seminary 40 years ago…
He also wouldn’t have been remembered as being Satmar. Baruch Hashem there’s more than one person who is spreading this message…!

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 10:27 am
Nata shlomo Rabinowitz is about 32-34 years old. So it wasn’t Rabbi Boruch

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 10:28 am
thriver wrote:
I have a feeling OP is talking about someone else. R’ Boruch Rabinowitz is a big promoter but it’s highly unlikely that he was going around to a seminary 40 years ago…
He also wouldn’t have been remembered as being Satmar. Baruch Hashem there’s more than one person who is spreading this message…!

And nice to see you!
I think I haven’t seen you here for a while…

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 10:30 am
amother OP wrote:
Hello,
I remember hearing a Satmar man speaking about Down Syndrome when I was in seminary (40 years ago?) talking about keeping your DS baby at home instead of giving him/her away. He had a baby wth DS and went against everything that had been done up until then and he was going around convincing people to do the same if they could. I wonder if anyone remembers who this man was?

Also, what is the original story about the Rebbe who stood up for children with DS?

Thank you for any help!

Maybe Silberstein? They’re satmar and have a daughter with DS that’s probably around 50
I don’t know if he went around talking, but they were written up in the spirit magazine I believe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics