Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
If you cured Crohns/IBD please help
1  2  Next

mammala120

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 4:09 am
I don’t believe there is no cure. It doesn’t make sense that world full of advanced technology does not find cure for anything.
So
If you have personal or first hand experience with any form of IBD crohns colitis.
Please share how you achieved healing?
Did you work with any doctors and naturopaths ? Any recommendations in New York area?
How long it took to get healing and were you on meds ( which meds) while getting cured?
Do you still follow up with medical team to make sure it will not come back?
Anything else you would like to share please do.
Thankyou

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 4:21 am
My husband went into remission from Crohns ba”h after going on the Paleo diet. He has been on Remicade infusions for years, but only once he went on the diet did the active disease stop. He still has the infusions as maintenance.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 4:31 am
Remicade

mammala120

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 4:37 am
Thankyou for replying. I would like to see if anyone was able to stop infusions and still be in remission aka cured. How was this achieved? Thabkyou

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 6:04 am
Cured as in can eat whatever whenever again or cured as in symptom free without medication?

Many of the diets work. Many. But if you want to go back to eat the same, then no.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 6:09 am
My dh has been in remission for a bunch of years bh. He strictly follows scd. Over the years, he's also done these things every once in a long while- cst, hk, sarno, herbs/supplements.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 6:23 am
Another vote for scd.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 6:51 am
OP the SCD diet is huge in crohns. Have you never heard of it? It doesnt help everyone, but it has certainly helped so many! There are thousands of terstimonials on scd facebook groups, either of it bringing them to complete remisssion for years, or at least massively reducing symptoms.

mammala120

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 6:52 am
amother PlumPink wrote:
Cured as in can eat whatever whenever again or cured as in symptom free without medication?

Many of the diets work. Many. But if you want to go back to eat the same, then no.

Correct. Thankyou for clarifying. Cured as in on diet management without meds.

mammala120

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 6:53 am
amother Indigo wrote:
My dh has been in remission for a bunch of years bh. He strictly follows scd. Over the years, he's also done these things every once in a long while- cst, hk, sarno, herbs/supplements.

Is he still on meds or able to manage without meds following above health regimen. ?

mammala120

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 6:54 am
amother Linen wrote:
OP the SCD diet is huge in crohns. Have you never heard of it? It doesnt help everyone, but it has certainly helped so many! There are thousands of terstimonials on scd facebook groups, either of it bringing them to complete remisssion for years, or at least massively reducing symptoms.

Heard of it but couldn’t find any helpful links to help me understand it

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 6:59 am
mammala120 wrote:
Heard of it but couldn’t find any helpful links to help me understand it

Google elaine gotschall and scd diet, Breaking the Vicious Cycle (the book-you can buy it), Wellbees (the monsey online store that sells scd foods-you can also contact Mrs Weiss through them, she is a huge wellspring of information and guides beginners through it).
I would also suggest joining a facebook group titled "SCD families" (meant specifically with little kids on the diet), or "Breaking the Vicious Cycle Scd community" for lots of info. If you dont have facebook, its worth creating an account, you dont have to do personal info or name, just for this.

Hatzlacha

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:40 am
My dh is on a low FODMAP diet and it really helps (for IBS, not Crohn’s).

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:25 am
I was just told after a brief hospitalization for acute pain that my scans point to some sort of colitis. Since coming home my symptoms keep changing and now I wonder if I have Crohns (makes no sense, I know). Where can I find a good gastroenterologist in NY for a definite diagnosis and treatment plan?

ETA, op. I’m sorry if I’m derailing thread, I can start new thread if that makes more sense.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:28 am
My father has been in remission for over two decades on the SCD. No meds. Post surgery.( he found out about the diet a few yrs after diagnosis and surgery )

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 10:16 am
mammala120 wrote:
Is he still on meds or able to manage without meds following above health regimen. ?

Besides for a few month of steroids when he was first diagnosed, he has never been on any other meds for Crohn's.

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 3:04 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....49588

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 4:29 pm
amother Melon wrote:
I was just told after a brief hospitalization for acute pain that my scans point to some sort of colitis. Since coming home my symptoms keep changing and now I wonder if I have Crohns (makes no sense, I know). Where can I find a good gastroenterologist in NY for a definite diagnosis and treatment plan?

ETA, op. I’m sorry if I’m derailing thread, I can start new thread if that makes more sense.

Dr Arthur Kornbluth (he does not take insurance though).

I heard Dr. George James or James George is also good he does take insurance but don’t have exp with him

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 4:44 pm
Dr. Avraham Rosenthal zt"l from Yerushalayim fully cured my family member of Crohn's more than 20 years ago. I know of many other people that we referred to him who were also cured. He cured them through diet - each diet was specific to the person and it started out very strict with slowly adding back more and more foods until they can eat everything and never need to take any medication again.
Unfortunately, he was niftar but I heard that he had trained his son who does it now.
His wife schedules the appointments and her number is 02-538-7143.

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 4:54 pm
Ifamily has been cured by doing scd. Go with dr george and mrs weiss.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics