Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Question if you live in Raintree

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:28 am
Are there an insane amount of ticks/tick bites in the summer? Is it worse compared to other parts of Lakewood?
Thanks in advance

amother
Currant

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:35 am
Any house near or backing the Metedeconk River will be prone to more ticks. Also, large pieces of land that Raintree homes come with can have lots of forest type trees and shrubbery which can also breed more ticks..

Consistent tick treatment on your property really helps!

amother
Blueberry

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:49 am
I didn't find more than anywhere else.
I treat my property in the summer for ticks & mosquitos either way.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 4:03 pm
Thank you for responses. To the mother who mentioned the Metedeconk River, I put it into google maps and it looks like that’s 5-6 miles away (depending what part of Raintree you’re in)! Do you mean a different river near Raintree? Or does it really bring ticks that far out?
Thanks so much

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 4:17 pm
The Metedeconk does run through parts of Raintree, some people's yards back right up to it.
I also treat for mosquitoes and ticks regardless, but I don't think we have more than any other neighborhood.

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 12:22 am
Definitely a higher amount of ticks. And other interesting insects. You can buy your own spray on amazon to treat your yard. You attach it to a garden hose and spray all around. Seems to work pretty well.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 1:31 am
I don’t live in raintree but nearby and we treat our lawn every year. Before we started treating, we got frequent tick bites. I grew up in a very suburban town with lots of wooded areas and never saw a real tick until I moved to Lakewood. I don’t know what it is about this place.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:25 am
There are a lot of ticks in Raintree. I don't know how it compares to other areas in Lakewood, but there are deer that live in the area and come around to people's yards, and there are lots of trees and grass which contributes to it. It's important to check for tick bites nightly when the kids play outdoors especially in the summer.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:23 am
We live in the Brookhill area and there are ticks. It’s usually found in piles of leaves or unkempt yards. We check the kids every night. If we find a tick, we pull it out with a tweezer. The real problem is if a tick lives off your blood for an extended period of time.

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:30 am
amother Peru wrote:
There are a lot of ticks in Raintree. I don't know how it compares to other areas in Lakewood, but there are deer that live in the area and come around to people's yards, and there are lots of trees and grass which contributes to it. It's important to check for tick bites nightly when the kids play outdoors especially in the summer.

My kids got same amount from 14th st area.
There's deer there too.

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 11:01 pm
Who do you use to treat your yards for mosquitos and ticks?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 8:55 am
By “a lot” of ticks what do we mean? Does this mean you’re finding and removing ticks on an everyday basis from spring thru fall? (For young kids that play outside daily?) or more like a few times per child year?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries