Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What will happen if I wear a sheitel with a too-small cap?

azoygeshmak

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 6:22 pm
I finally found a sheitel that I love. But it is a Small/XS and I am a Medium. I tried it on and can clearly feel it doesn't fit me. Ear tabs in completely the wrong place, etc.

However, it is not uncomfortable at all, and it actually looks very pretty and 100% normal from the front. (I failed to check how it looks from the back. Could be terrible.)

If I just start wearing the sheitel as is--will the cap eventually stretch to fit my head just from wearing it? How long might that take? Might there be other problems from wearing a sheitel with a too-small cap?

Thanks to all in the know!

Maryann

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 6:26 pm
You can get the cap stretched

azoygeshmak

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 6:30 pm
Maryann wrote:
You can get the cap stretched

I know. Thinking about it.

And if I don't...?

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 6:31 pm
It might stretch, but the ear tabs won't magically be in the right spot. You won't be able to ear tuck it or pull it back properly if it doesn't fit right. I guess it depends on how you are planning to wear it.

theoneandonly

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 6:51 pm
You can do a cap transfer and transfer the hair to a medium cap.
You only wore it for a short time so it probably wasn't so uncomfortable. If you have to wear it for a whole day it will probably really start hurting.

cnc

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 7:04 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
You can do a cap transfer and transfer the hair to a medium cap.
You only wore it for a short time so it probably wasn't so uncomfortable. If you have to wear it for a whole day it will probably really start hurting.

This. Also it will probably ride up in the back and not sit right.
It's pretty simple to have it transferred to a different size cap but might not be cheap if that's a concern for you ..

azoygeshmak

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 10:12 pm
I've seen posts on how to DIY the stretching. Is it risky to try to do it at home -- is there much room for error?

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 10:16 pm
Wearing it might give you a headache you can stretch it
buy a larger head wash it and when its wet put it onto the head and let dry

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 10:26 pm
You’ll get massive headaches
The wig will slide back
You can either do a cap transfer or add a cap extension- stretching it only helps for a little not for a full size or two. There’s a lot of alterations or repairs that can be done to make it fit if you must, so bring it to your shaitel macher or repair person to see what they can do

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 7:57 am
You can cut the ear tabs off. If it feels like it fits it’s probably fine

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 8:37 am
It will be very uncomfortable and you will get headaches and it will slide back.
Take it from me. I was trying to save money too lol
Just dont

Charnie123

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 7:36 am
azoygeshmak wrote:
I finally found a sheitel that I love. But it is a Small/XS and I am a Medium. I tried it on and can clearly feel it doesn't fit me. Ear tabs in completely the wrong place, etc.

However, it is not uncomfortable at all, and it actually looks very pretty and 100% normal from the front. (I failed to check how it looks from the back. Could be terrible.)

If I just start wearing the sheitel as is--will the cap eventually stretch to fit my head just from wearing it? How long might that take? Might there be other problems from wearing a sheitel with a too-small cap?

Thanks to all in the know!

It won’t stretch. Get it repaired for an extension. Your head will ache. Trust me on this as someone with a wide head!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels