Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
For fun- what did you splurge on for YT?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 6:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s a really nice splurge!

So what do you wear to these fancy programs then LOL

BH I’ve been going to programs for 30 years, since I was a kid. I’m way past trying to impress anyone . I also intentionally select programs that the fashion show isn’t the main activity

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 7:12 pm
Nothing yet, but I sent dh a link to a bracelet I really want and let him know it's my current favorite. Here's hoping it becomes my pesach splurge!

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 7:15 pm
By YT do you mean pesach?

I want three new tablecloths. On the cheaper side, so I can throw out my old ones.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 7:20 pm
More of a need than a splurge but I’m hoping to buy a new refrigerator for pesach.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 7:23 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
By YT do you mean pesach?

I want three new tablecloths. On the cheaper side, so I can throw out my old ones.

U just reminded me that I need a new tablecloth this year. We got a bigger table. I guess I'll add that to my splurges list.

Tao

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 7:24 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
More of a need than a splurge but I’m hoping to buy a new refrigerator for pesach.

awesome! cleaning the fridge is my absolute worst job for pesach LOL

tweety1

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 7:28 pm
Not necessarily for yt but last week I ordered the at home laser machine. I'm dreaming about it for a while already and last week my craving won.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 7:31 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
I really want to splurge on myself but I feel too fat and hopeless.
If anyone has any ideas for a dress that might work for a 5 foot 165 pound upper 30s year old. Let me know. Oh and I have too much anxiety to go shopping in person because my body.

I’m same height. A little less lbs and I can’t wear dresses. Only skirts and tops. If you have a nice black skirt you can look for a few tops. That’s a lot easier.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 7:38 pm
Bought my kids new Shabbos shoes from Children’s place instead of target or used

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 8:00 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
I’m same height. A little less lbs and I can’t wear dresses. Only skirts and tops. If you have a nice black skirt you can look for a few tops. That’s a lot easier.

I feel like black skirts are so out especially for Pesach/spring…

giftedmom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 8:22 pm
Really can’t think of anything. Gifts aren’t my love language so I guess that includes gifts to myself? I don’t ascribe much value to material items, cheap or expensive.
Bh we have what we need and more.

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 8:28 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
I feel like black skirts are so out especially for Pesach/spring…

What do you wear in place of a black skirt?

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 8:29 pm
Going to a hotel for Pesach as my family has been doing for years. Its very $ but spending yom tov with 4 generations and not having to worry about the cooking and cleaning is priceless

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 8:30 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
And there's me hoping I'll be able to splurge on chocolate leben LOL LOL
Don't worry OP, I'm happy that you can afford more! may Hashem bless you with continued parnassah. After reading the thread with the woman who was contemplating her dd wearing boots through the summer because she couldn't afford the $12 pair of loafers, I feel very wealthy bH!
We don't really buy leben during the year because it's an extra but for YT we will (Pesach is expensive anyway and there's nothing to eat!)

That was me! And I feel the same about leben. But it’s so nice to see that B”H Hashem gave people the means to splurge. Chasdei Hashem.

bp1234

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 8:46 pm
I usually either shlep my kids to stores or I’m running back and forth making returns/exchanges because I’m too cheap to pay for shipping. This year, I did everything online and every return fee was so worth the menuchas hanefesh I felt!

GLUE

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 8:55 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
U just reminded me that I need a new tablecloth this year. We got a bigger table. I guess I'll add that to my splurges list.

Last year I said I am getting a new tablecloth for Peasch this year thank you for reminding me so I will really get one.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:09 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Going to a hotel for Pesach as my family has been doing for years. Its very $ but spending yom tov with 4 generations and not having to worry about the cooking and cleaning is priceless

Are you the head of family and paying for everyone? Or are you a younger generation and paying for just your immediate family?

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:21 pm
Very expensive diamond earrings! And I love them!!!!
I live frugal, scrimp and save, and dress my kids uner $15 from my local walmart and target
I dont buy myself new things every season, and havent gotten a new pair of shoes in years....
I really had a secret wish for earrings, seems like a little berdie shared my secret! Hub surprised me with a stunning pair. And when I heared the price, I gulped... Its more then his paycheck.... But even though I can think of a million and one necessities I could buy with that money, he definitely made my day, month, year with this gift

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:21 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Are you the head of family and paying for everyone? Or are you a younger generation and paying for just your immediate family?

I am not paying for it but I do make the decisions for the family as in booking the hotel and choosing it etc so the price tag is on my mind.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:29 pm
amother Birch wrote:
What do you wear in place of a black skirt?

Floral or patterned midis or maxis, solid slip skirts in various colors…
See I can dress other people lol. Just not my fat short self
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics