Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Kendamil Kashrus
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:07 pm
Is it kosher?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:50 pm
I see Walmart has it. Does anybody know if it’s ok to use kashrus wise

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:18 pm
Last year I had a baby on it. I bought it at target. It was kosher certified (non chalav yisrael) by the KLBD, a kashrus agency in the UK. They don’t put a kosher symbol on it, I think that’s a thing in the UK.

I contacted them using the contact link on their website to confirm that the Kendamil sold at target in the US was kosher certified by them. You can contact them to confirm if it’s still kosher certified -

https://www.kosher.org.uk/contact

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:39 pm
Thank you so much

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 12:13 am
I found a link where to order it straight from UK for the kosher version. You have to order in bulk. It’s pretty expensive. Is it worth it?

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:01 am
amother OP wrote:
I found a link where to order it straight from UK for the kosher version. You have to order in bulk. It’s pretty expensive. Is it worth it?

That version is chalav yisrael. If you don’t mind OUD, you’d save a lot of money going with the version sold in the US instead.

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:24 am
Yes, if you’re makpid on cholov Yisroel and know that your baby will be exclusively formula fed you’d be surprised how quickly you finish a case

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:35 am
I contacted the KLBD about this in February and got this response:

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 1:58 am
amother Vanilla wrote:
I contacted the KLBD about this in February and got this response:

Thank you for sharing. It’s such a pity that kosher Kendamil is so hard to get in the US! It’s such a good formula.

We should really try contacting Kendamil and asking them to get kosher certified in the US. Can’t hurt. I’ll try to remember to look up their contact info tomorrow morn.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 3:27 am
In the uk, the mehadrin chalav yisrael one is certified by Kedassia- a different organisation to KLBD.

The KLBD ones in the uk saying KLBD-D are not chalav yisrael, but what we call chalav akum. I think you call that chalav stam. However they are certified which is a higher level of kashrus than just approved. The formula I gave my children is a different one just approved by KLBD so personally I would use the KLbD-D kendamil without any issues but if looking for CY you need the kedassia one.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 7:31 am
member wrote:
Yes, if you’re makpid on cholov Yisroel and know that your baby will be exclusively formula fed you’d be surprised how quickly you finish a case

I meant is kendamil worth the high price

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 7:34 am
amother Orange wrote:
In the uk, the mehadrin chalav yisrael one is certified by Kedassia- a different organisation to KLBD.

The KLBD ones in the uk saying KLBD-D are not chalav yisrael, but what we call chalav akum. I think you call that chalav stam. However they are certified which is a higher level of kashrus than just approved. The formula I gave my children is a different one just approved by KLBD so personally I would use the KLbD-D kendamil without any issues but if looking for CY you need the kedassia one.

So where exactly can I find the klbd-d ones?

And is the one certified by kedassia the same same exact kendamil?

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 7:49 am
amother OP wrote:
So where exactly can I find the klbd-d ones?

And is the one certified by kedassia the same same exact kendamil?

The link that they suggested, koshertrader.co.uk is where I just ordered. They have the chalav stam version for the same price as Walmart and target including free shipping. You do need to buy a case of six though which is fine with me.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:05 am
Might it be cheaper if you get it from Canada rather than shipping from the uk?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:09 am
amother Sand wrote:
The link that they suggested, koshertrader.co.uk is where I just ordered. They have the chalav stam version for the same price as Walmart and target including free shipping. You do need to buy a case of six though which is fine with me.

They sell both the chalav stam and chalav Yisroel version, although the chalav Yisroel is more expensive, at close to $300 for a case of 6.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:09 am
amother Orange wrote:
Might it be cheaper if you get it from Canada rather than shipping from the uk?

If you read my post above you'll see that including shipping it's the same price from UK as it is from my local target and Walmart.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:18 am
amother Sand wrote:
If you read my post above you'll see that including shipping it's the same price from UK as it is from my local target and Walmart.

Is kendamil so much better than any other forumla? Or is all formula so expensive? $300 for 6??? I paid £10.50 per container of cow and gate in the uk.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:21 am
amother Sand wrote:

Sorry can’t see you wrote that but is the one locally available at target certified by a us kashrus authority because KLBD say it’s not certified. Which means it’s not the KLBD-d version.

sweetdimples

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:43 am
amother Orange wrote:
Sorry can’t see you wrote that but is the one locally available at target certified by a us kashrus authority because KLBD say it’s not certified. Which means it’s not the KLBD-d version.

Not certified by KLBD or any kashrus authority AFAIK. hence the link to order from UK

( unless someone knows otherwise)

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 8:48 am
amother Orange wrote:

Thank you, this is very helpful information! I’m going to order the chalav alum formula from this site next time around.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics