Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
If you lost 25+ lbs naturally..
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:19 am
Not bashing any kind of medical weight loss intervention, but I don’t want to go that route yet. I’ve done so many diets, lost almost 30 lbs (on sadkhins) and gained it all back. I’m still 25+ overweight…I need some new inspiration. If you lost a significant amount of weight, please share what you did.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:19 am
WW but I gained it back. it's so hard to stay good for life.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:21 am
I lost a bet with my husband, and had to do one of those 30 day exercise challenges, of his choosing. It kick-started my movement, and got me going from there

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:26 am
I lost 55 pounds and maintaining it for years, I'm on a 12 step program for overeating... if you're interested look up Overeaters Anonymous, it's the only thing that works for me.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:30 am
I did!!

I didn’t realize how much weight I gained over covid, and when I bought a scale - I was in total shock. Tried to go back on weight watchers alone and it didn’t work. What worked for me was intermittent fasting combined with a modified version of weight watchers. My hours are 10-6. Don’t follow this on Fridays usually. Down 27 pounds since Nov 2022 and keeping it off and still losing a bit (ideally want to lose another ten.)

It’s very slow going. But so so worth it.

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:31 am
Intermittent fasting. I eat between 12-6 [flexible when the need arises]
2 meals and a snack

hodeez

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:32 am
amother Clear wrote:
Intermittent fasting. I eat between 12-6 [flexible when the need arises]
2 meals and a snack

I do this but 11 to 5 and daily exercise

Odelyah

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:34 am
I used myfitnesspal.com to track my calories as accurately as possible, and started exercising several times a week. there are some frum women on there who you can "friend" and when you log your exercise, or are within your daily calorie goal, or log weight loss, it shows up on your feed and your friends' feeds, and it's absurdly satisfying and encouraging when you get "likes" for these achievements.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:35 am
Intermittent fasting

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 12:01 pm
hodeez wrote:

You literally fast every day from 5 with a house full of kids???

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 12:04 pm
WW and exercise. Made friends in the group, that helped a lot.

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 12:12 pm
I did this, and it has BH stayed off for years.
I had to eat very well-counted calories but also made sure to eat a lot of protein and have very very very little "bad carbs" like pasta, crackers-white flour and sugar type. My carbs mainly came through healthy carby veggies. I ate a TON of fresh raw veggies every day and that really gilled me up.

This alone would not have helped.
I also started serious exercise. Treadmill does not count. Workouts such as HIIT, fat burning, minimum 30 min long, about 5 days a week. I knew it was a real workout if I finished it hot, sweaty and out of breath.

I did the above for a few months. The first few weeks I barely saw a difference. But by 3-4 weeks of doing this consistently all of a sudden the pounds started to fly off and my body felt so different.

BH since then the weight stayed off. To maintain it, I eat pretty carefully, and exercise but not as crazy as I did to lose it.

S-HappyMama

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 12:14 pm
Been there!! Lost over 30 pounds, kept them off for 11 years now.
I found that a combination of EFT Tapping for weight loss combined with tools from the 12 step program offered me both a behavioral approach to stick to boundaries, as well as addressing the emotional aspects. Best part is that I didn't just lose weight, I have these tools for all aspects of my life. Things just don't bother me like they used to, I'm more settled and calm, and I am compassionate toward myself.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 12:49 pm
Rappel wrote:
I lost a bet with my husband, and had to do one of those 30 day exercise challenges, of his choosing. It kick-started my movement, and got me going from there

This is hysterical! Would love to know the terms of the bet Smile

lamplighter

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 12:53 pm
Whatever you do, it has to be something you are willing to do long term. If you stop doing it you gain the weight back so basically think of what kind of healthy lifestyle you want to create eat that way.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 1:17 pm
I only eat gluten on shabbos (and only for challah).
I eat very limited sugar (some fruit, protein yogurts, small portions of chocolate chips).
No nosh (chips, cookies, pretzels, crackers, etc.)
I don't eat between meals, and prioritize protein in meals (high protein, moderate fat, low carb).
Reduce or eliminate added oils and fats.
Also remember that weight loss comes down to a caloric deficit and most people are bad at estimating calories so measurement is your friend, at least until you get a feel for your portion sizes.

I've lost 40 lbs and kept them off this way. But the most important thing is to make lifestyle changes that are sustainable for you. It can't be a "diet" it has to be a method of eating that you can mostly sustain long term...otherwise you'll gain the weight back when you go back to eating how you did before.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 2:14 pm
hodeez wrote:

Do you do this on shabbos? Do you eat dinner as a family during the week?

amother
PlumPink

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 2:17 pm
Exercised daily and até whatever I wanted, including chocolate and soda.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 2:26 pm
Thanks all. Seems like intermittent fasting got a lot of votes. I did do it at one point, but wasn’t very committed. I work out heavily at least three times a week and that hasn’t been helping at all. But I’m doing it mostly for my health anyway.

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 2:28 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
I lost 55 pounds and maintaining it for years, I'm on a 12 step program for overeating... if you're interested look up Overeaters Anonymous, it's the only thing that works for me.

Can you share more details? How it works?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise