Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
For fun- strangest edible item you received in MM?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:10 pm
A coconut!

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:15 pm
A whole salami and a can of coke. That was the whole thing.

I know many people wouldn't consider that strange at all so I suppose I should count myself lucky that's the strangest thing I ever got Smile

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:18 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
A whole salami and a can of coke. That was the whole thing.

I know many people wouldn't consider that strange at all so I suppose I should count myself lucky that's the strangest thing I ever got Smile

Yum we get that every year and it’s our favorite MM

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:19 pm
I’m a Chabad shlucha in a small community where most people don’t keep kosher. We send out shalach manos to everyone every year and by now we get a few back. But the people can’t make anything homemade or repackaged because then it won’t be kosher since their kitchens aren’t kosher, so they put in random packaged items from the store they know to be kosher. A typical shalach manos we get is like: A jar of jelly, bag of chips, bag of raisins, bottle of mustard, a box of tea and a few things that we give to our cleaning lady, like things that are kosher but not pas Yisroel or cholov yisroel. Most things are useful, and healthy bH.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:22 pm
amother Sapphire wrote:
A coconut!

I know someone who gave out a coconut, a can of wine and a bottle of water. Is that what you got?

schoolbus

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:39 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
Why are there so many hearts on these posts?

The op said to hug the post if you think it’s a strange mm

schoolbus

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:40 pm
A container of dates

Cheiny

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not for people to get insulted!!!

Hug if you think it's strange, like if you got it too!!!

I'll start
Tuscanini organic cola

Date syrup.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:41 pm
schoolbus wrote:
A container of dates

I'd love that!!!

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 3:43 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
I’m a Chabad shlucha in a small community where most people don’t keep kosher. We send out shalach manos to everyone every year and by now we get a few back. But the people can’t make anything homemade or repackaged because then it won’t be kosher since their kitchens aren’t kosher, so they put in random packaged items from the store they know to be kosher. A typical shalach manos we get is like: A jar of jelly, bag of chips, bag of raisins, bottle of mustard, a box of tea and a few things that we give to our cleaning lady, like things that are kosher but not pas Yisroel or cholov yisroel. Most things are useful, and healthy bH.

That is so nice!!!!

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 4:19 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
I got one also but last yesterday. Funny story about it.
We received it and left it in the container while we ran out.
We came back and could not find it anywhere.
We looked all over for it. Turns out my cleaning lady thought it was perishable food and did je a favor by putting it in the fridge but all the way in the back so I didn't see it until 2 days later.

Oy vey!

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 5:12 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
I know someone who gave out a coconut, a can of wine and a bottle of water. Is that what you got?

No! Was in a gift bag with a load of random stuff! Was from a neighbour after I had given them!

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 5:20 pm
Seems like there was a sale on ice coffee as I got tons of them this year!

Fast Forward

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 5:24 pm
[quote="schoolbus"]A container of dates[/quote

I got that last year and I thought that it must have been left over from their Tu Bshvat.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 5:40 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Literal eyeballs intended as food? Or some kind of eyeball shaped item?

Candy shaped liked an eyeball. Super creepy looking. I’m going to see if I can find it online.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 5:41 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
Candy shaped liked an eyeball. Super creepy looking. I’m going to see if I can find it online.

Puke sounds gross

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:11 pm
One person I know gives a can of tuna every year. I think because it's best to give something that can be eaten by the seudah, so they add that their regular nosh, to be yotzei.

The most interesting thing I got this year was a roll and a container of homemade beet salad. I ate it and it was yummy but I was wondering why someone would decide to give beet salad as a mishloach manos. It wasn't part of any theme.

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:43 pm
Someone sent us a toothbrush with a tube of toothpaste. My kids explained to me that it’s not real toothpaste even though it looks like it is. The toothpaste is a candy and you’re supposed to put it on the toothbrush to eat it.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:50 pm
I think the goldfish wins the prize. How does this work? You put a goldfish in a box with water? Do they realize it's not actually considered food for mishloach munis?

I've received edible flowers with cut up vegetables. I've gotten a hard boiled egg with a small container dip. I've gotten weird random food. But a live goldfish?!?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:54 pm
One year we got a bottle of ketchup. No it wasn’t part of a theme. There was a package of tea biscuits and some other random thing in it.

This year we got what looks like a container of popcorn mixed with cookie crumbs, and a mini schnapps of some sort just dumped inside with all of the popcorn and crumbs.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics